Chapter 30

Chapter 30
Song Ran woke up the next day and found that after one night, the matter had quickly matured.  The article she wrote spread to all corners of the Internet and attracted national attention.
The direction of public opinion reversed overnight, from ridiculing the person who jumped from the building for being weak and incompetent to scolding the teacher Zhao.
"Being a 'bitch' is rubbish."
"He's still a special teacher. I don't know how he got selected. The education system is rotten to the core."
"Don't such people need to go to jail? Go to hell!"
"Does the Education Bureau dare to admit that special teachers are scum? No, no, haha, it's public relations again."
Song Ran was not at all pleased with this reversal of results.  The Internet seems to have always been just a place to vent your emotions.
However, amidst the overwhelming abuse, a netizen’s message caught Song Ran’s attention:
"Will other teachers in the school tell the truth?
What makes people despair is that the person they want to protect may not have that much power.  They just want to safeguard the interests of their own group, and people in the same group are bound to harbor each other.  In this society, if you do not belong to any group, congratulations, you are alone.  "
Song Ran read that sentence for a long time, and she said to herself, the so-called reporter is just to make everyone no longer alone.
As for her, she doesn’t want to lead or change public opinion. All she wants to do is record a voice that has been ignored, even if it only plays a role in supervision and restraint, so that the authoritative party can finally give a fair and just result.
However, she soon discovered that things were not that simple.
That morning, she was called to the office by Liu Yufei, who asked her to delete the article, apologize, forward the investigation notice issued by the police, and hand over student Wang's private information.
Song Ran couldn't understand: "Didn't the station ask me to follow up and report the truth, and they also said they support me in press freedom?"
Liu Yufei was also in a dilemma and said: "But now, the truth needs to be investigated by the police."
"The police are going to investigate. Why do you want me to delete the article and apologize? I didn't express any opinions. I just recorded a student's statement. Shouldn't they investigate what I recorded?"
Liu Yufei rubbed the bridge of his nose, feeling troubled: "They will investigate. But you have to delete the negative impact. Now the discussion among netizens has risen to the education system, the public security system and even beyond, thinking that they are shielding teachers."

"Since they don't have it, wouldn't it be good to find out? Also, I won't hand over the student's information until the truth comes out. The video and screenshots he provided are on Zhu Yanan's phone. The police can find out and there is no need for me to provide them.  "

"Song Ran, you do international news most of the time, and you don't understand how to do domestic news. There are some things... you can't be too stubborn."
Song Ran pondered the meaning of his words and whispered: "Is someone putting pressure on the stage? It's just a teacher. This has to be maintained. Is the victim so insignificant?"
Liu Yufei had nothing to say.  He is very clear about the ideals and purity of mind of young journalists, he is aware of their lack of smoothness, and he also knows that conflicts of ideas cannot be resolved in a short time.
He sighed: "Song Ran, I asked you to delete it for your own good. This matter has turned into national news. Look how many people are involved. If it continues to cause trouble, the station may not be able to protect you."
Song Ran was shocked.  After all, she was young, so she was immediately frightened and panicked.  But she gritted her teeth for a moment, and she didn't know where the strength came from, and she said softly: "Then let's do it."
Song Ran returned to the office area, her hands and feet were fighting, and her face was a little pale.
But she quickly calmed herself down, opened the information and continued to look for clues.
It was almost noon when she found the residence of the director of the teaching office of the experimental middle school.  She paid a visit and wanted to ask the senior high school students about reporting Teacher Zhao Yuanli's corporal punishment to the teaching office.
The director is in her forties and a woman.  She has been interviewed by several reporters today, and she is not very patient, but still polite.
But as soon as she heard that Song Ran was a reporter who wrote "Another Voice", she immediately changed her face, pushed and pushed Song Ran out of the door, and yelled:
"Do you, a journalist who eats steamed buns with human blood, have any conscience? No student here has ever reported Teacher Zhao. Do you believe what he lies about? Wang Han is just a useless student who hates his teacher. He can't be saved.  No, you have no brain!"
Song Ran was stunned and chased after him with a recording pen: "I didn't tell you the name of the student, why did you say his name was Wang Han? So Wang Han did report to you that Teacher Zhao bullied the students, right? Why as a teacher?  Director, you didn’t deal with it at the time, and you’re still hiding it now..."
The director immediately yelled back: "You told me Wang Han's name! I remembered, you are the notorious war reporter, waiting to photograph dead people and eat steamed buns with human blood! You don't have to worry about our school's affairs  , you go abroad and shoot dead people!"
The director pushed Song Ran aside and slammed the door.
Song Ran stumbled and bumped into the stair railing, feeling pain in her back.  She was sweating coldly and forced herself to stand up straight.
She stood in the suddenly dead corridor, her face blood red.
The CANDY incident was the first time someone scolded her in person.
But, she was not wrong.  Dr. Liang said.
At that moment, her purpose was just to capture the joy of the child getting the candy, but instead she caught the devil.  That was not her intention, and she was not wrong.
Dr. Liang said she was not wrong.
She lowered her head, covered her eyes with her hands, and after restraining herself for a long time, she raised her head, with slightly red eyes, and walked down the stairs calmly.
This time, she will definitely protect the child.
……
The investigation of this case was managed by the Criminal Police Team, but because the scope of the incident was too large, the impact was too bad.  The superior requires that the case must be solved this weekend and an explanation must be given.  All police officers in the Baixi area had no rest and were all doing auxiliary investigations.
Li Zan has been busy outside all day long.
He saw the article and saw the impact it had.  But he didn't even have time to ask Song Ran what was going on.  He had thought that when she posted this article, she would at least ask for his opinion first.
Li Zan and his colleagues spent the whole day conducting investigations at the Experimental Middle School, questioning Mr. Zhao Yuanli’s colleagues and the 10 classes he taught, consisting of four to five hundred students.
Since it was a holiday, teachers and students were scattered, which made the investigation very difficult.  Fortunately, the school gradually called people back.
Li Zan was responsible for questioning more than a dozen students, but did not get any useful information.  He couldn't sit still and carefully read the article written by Song Ran again.
Colleagues all thought she was spreading rumors, but Li Zan felt that her records were true, and it could even be seen from the questions and answers that Song Ran was not even suspected of leading or misleading.