Chapter 1

Wayfinder was always a strange dragon. She had a odd appearance with weird colors and star-like patterns under her wings. She learned aquatic though and her dad and mom didn't care what she looked like. Occasionally she saw a dark shape near the ocean that she and her mom lived in 'I wonder what mom is doing.  . ." Wayfinder thought. She swam back home and saw her mother kelp. She rushed into kelp's waiting wings feeling comfortable and slightly fuzzy as her mother's wings wrapped around her. "How was your day mother?" Wayfinder asked curiously "Wonderful daughter!" Kelp responded and they stopped hugging. Wayfinder then showed her mother something shiny "I found this on the ocean floor! Do you want it?" Wayfinder spoke eagerly "No thank you Wayfinder. But we could visit the jewelers and see if they can make it a necklace" kelp responded. Wayfinder then nodded eagerly "very well then. Lest go find the jeweler"

Wayfinder and her mother swam over to seagull's jewelry store. "Hey seagull we have somthing that we would like to be made into a necklace." Kelp stated with a light tone in her voice. "Sure thing!" Seagull said back. Wayfinder then noticed a twitchy seawing around her age. She waved hello but he seemed to panick and left the shop. Wayfinder found this odd but ignored it. "May I see it?" Seagull asked. "Okay!" Wayfinder cheerfully said and gave him the small shiny thing she found. "That is a beautiful abalone shell!" Seagull exclaimed. "What's that?" Wayfinder asked curiously "Oh! It's a type of mollusk! Once polished the shells are iridescent and beautiful." Seagull explained. "Oh. Okay!" Wayfinder looked at the abalone shell that she had in her grasp. "Thank you for telling me!" Wayfinder exclaimed cheerfully "No problem Kid!" Seagull said.