『Revealing The Past - Part 1』

“Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift. That is why it is called the Present.” — Master Oogway.

──────────────────────────

“Got it? I am a god!” In a thundering declaration, the 21-year-old man proclaimed. He was massive, almost 2 meters high, he was already taller than Alber who was considered an anomaly on his own.

The echo of his words reverberated through the surroundings, carrying with them an undeniable air of power and authority. That came as no surprise, after all, the individual in question was not an ordinary person.

He was a Hashira.

His name, was Uzui Tengen, the Sound Pillar.

“And you four, are trash!” he resumed, “First off, get that right into your skulls! Screw it in there!”

Temporarily overlooking the fact that he called me, of all people, trash, why on earth did he count me with them? He must have made an error, I didn’t sign for any of that. Just as I was about to voice my protests, he continued with another mind-blowing speech.

“If I tell you to become a dog, become a dog! If I tell you to become a monkey, you become a monkey!” While moving his hands in a ‘flashy’ way and taking a peculiar posture, he added, “You will hunch over and rub your hands together, constantly ponder to my every whim, and suck up to me with every fiber of your being! You will always humor me while stooping down and imploring me for favors, and do your best to flatter me!”

That’s it, this guy is crazy, Is probably what the yellow-haired boy is thinking right now.

After a prolonged silence, in which I prayed for this god’s mental soundness, Tanjirou raised his hand. “A question. What exactly are you the god of, lord Uzui?” Really? That was your question? Contrary to what one might suppose, Tanjirou wasn’t stupid. He probably understood that it was in his best interest to be on this self-proclaimed god’s favorable side rather than antagonizing him, however, it seemed that some people still believed that he was serious.

Taking a glance at his two companions, aside from the usual bizarre mask that Inosuke was wearing which prevented me from reading his complexion, I was able to see Zenitsu’s expressions. He looked like he was witnessing the most idiotic event in his life, to the extent that he was even questioning his friend’s sanity. I found it entertaining, though.

Looking further behind, I saw Kyoujurou, also known as the Flame Hashira, leaving the Butterfly Castle with a heavy backpack on his rear. It seemed like he had acquired his new blade last night, too.

He immediately detected my help-requesting stare, but he offered me just his typical bright smile in response.

Mind lending me a hand, Kyoujurou?

I would like to, but, unfortunately, I have other things to attend to.

With the same gentle smile, he turned his back on me. He purposely neglected me, that much was obvious. He didn’t have anything compulsory, and he wasn’t in any shape to receive requests, too.

I thought we were best friends, Kyoujurou. This betrayal will not go unpunished.

“Nice question! I have high hopes for you!” Was Tengen replay. Zenitsu gave me a look conveying ‘Are you not going to say anything to that!?!’

Of course, I wasn’t. What was I supposed to say, anyway?

At any rate, his reactions were understandable, it was like he was undergoing the five stages of grief, and he would eventually arrive at the last stage, acceptance. Sadly, I paid him no mind.