@starStorm26

Hello and Welcome,

We are excited to introduce to you starStorm26, the winner of our Super Story Contest, ''Twilight of Shadows''. Congratulations again ;)

What got you into writing?

- To be honest, I don't remember. I started writing at such a young age so I don't recall what exactly got me into writing. I've always been an avid reader and even as a child, I had a love for words and vocabulary. When I started my writing journey, I really just focused on fanfictions for a few years. But in fifth grade, a friend introduced me to the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, and those books inspired me to start writing my own original stories.

What/Who inspired you to write about superheroes?

- I was introduced to superheroes later in life than probably the majority of people, and the first live-action superhero movie I watched was Spider-Man 3, which I saw when I was sixteen. So I'm late to the party, but hey, better late than never! I couldn't get enough of the action and suspense that I found in Spider-Man 3, and I watched the first Avengers movie shortly after that, where I grew inspired to write my own superhero novel. Along with the superhero movies, I discovered some Wattpad superhero stories that really motivated me as well. There's a certain charm to writing about superheroes, and the fast-paced storylines and the flashy action scenes really appeal to me.

Who is your favorite superhero/supervillain and who do you prefer?

- That's a tough one, since there's so many compelling characters to choose from! Batman is definitely my favorite from the DC Universe, since I like his complex personality and he was the first superhero I heard about as a kid. And as far as the Marvel Universe goes, I think it's a tie between Hawkeye and Loki, although Hawkeye may have an edge over Loki. I guess I just have a thing for the underappreciated characters, and Hawkeye is so much more than just a guy with a bow. And I think supervillains are superior to superheroes, especially if they're simply misunderstood or they have good motives.

How would you describe yourself to other writers?

- I would describe myself as being a very detailed and descriptive writer who's favorite part of writing is developing characters. I am normally very self-motivated and even without support, I still stick to my story. I used to be a pantser, but as my writing has improved, I've developed into more of a plotter so I can keep myself in check when I want to veer off and abandon the main focus of the story. I try to harness the power of emotions in my stories and I'm not afraid to break my readers' hearts!

How did you find Wattpad and how did it affect your writing?

- A friend in middle school mentioned Wattpad to me one day after reading my story that I had shared with her, and the thought of a site where I could share my stories with the world really piqued my interest. It wasn't until a few years later that I actually created an account, and I'd say the feedback has really helped me step up my writing game.

How did you react when you found out you win?

- It felt like my heart had leaped out of my chest when I received the notification. I had been waiting eagerly for the results, and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that I had won.

When did you start writing and how long have you been a writer?

- I first started writing when I was eight years old. Since then, I've been a writer for thirteen years and counting.

If you could pass a single piece of advice to anyone who just started writing, what would it be?

- Hm, one piece of advice? Other than the typical "don't give up", my advice would be to make sure your story is character-driven. When I first started writing, I was too busy stressing over the plot instead of developing my characters, and that really came back to bite me. Your characters are the heart of your story, so it's important to develop them.

What does it mean to you to win?

- It means so much to me, since it helps get me recongized. I'm always looking for more readers who will support me and offer feedback. Along with that, it also gave me a major confidence boost, which was really encouraging.

How were you feeling when you entered the contests/prompts? Were you feeling confident or were you just trying your luck?

- I was proud and satisfied with my short story, but it was the first Wattpad writing contest I had participated in, so I had my doubts since I didn't know what to expect.

Where is your favorite place to write?

- It all depends on my mood. If I want privacy and no distractions, then I hide out in my bedroom to write. But since I don't want to be too distant, I will often write in the living room instead and suffer through the distractions. I always claim the best chair in the living room when I write, and I like to think it's mine, much to the exasperation of my family members.

What is your favorite genre to write?

- If I had to choose one, I'd probably just say young adult. That's kind of a broad category though, so if I narrowed it down, then it would probably be science fiction and dystopian. Anything that involves superhuman abilities, corrupted government, and dystopian cities is right up my alley.

What is your favorite snack and drink to have while writing?

- Because I have a major sweet tooth, I will snack on any sweets I can get my hands on, although my personal favorite is raw cookie dough. And after a long day at work, a mug of cappuccino is the perfect way to unwind and restore some lost energy while I write.

Do you intend on writing stories in the future?

- Definitely! I've been writing for almost as long as I can remember, and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon. I'm still in the process of writing my first superhero novel, and once it's complete, I might write a sequel and/or a prequel. I have a few other story ideas circulating in my head, which I hope to transfer to paper soon. I'm full of creative ideas, but alas, I've never been good with time management and there's never enough hours in the day.

What do you think about Superhero profile?

- I'm grateful for the Superhero profile and I think it's a great and helpful profile, since it helps promote superhero stories and allows superhero writers like me to get recognized.

Thank you for joining us!