49

Lorelei's POV:

The sun's starting to rise painting the sky in beautiful shades of gold and pink. I'm still running through the woods, care free.

I left my engagement ring at the house to keep it safe since I knew I'd be out here for awhile.

I hear sticks break off in the distance but ignore it telling myself that it's just the Cresent pack.

It is a full moon tonight.

They've never been bothered with the fact that I take off into their territory. Probably since Hayley is generally with me. Tonight though, she stayed home with Hope for movie night.

I feel a sharp pain and before I can realize what's happening, I fall to the ground as my legs give out under me.

There's an arrow in my chest.

I let out a howl of pain that can be heard for miles.

As a hybrid I can survive pretty much anything other than my heart being ripped out or being decapitated but as a wolf, I am in the most vulnerable position.

I can't see who struck me but I hear movement in the trees. I want to run or turn back but there's no time.

I close my eyes and think about everything that's happened in my life. The trauma I faced with Hector, losing my parents, the friends I made who died protecting me, and most of all meeting and falling in love with Nikklaus Mikaelson and becoming his family.

I open my eyes and stare into the sunrise.