𝗌𝗂𝗑

Anisha's POV

The sun's gentle morning light filtered through the curtain's gaps, stirring me from my restless slumber. With a heavy sigh, I checked the clock; it was time to face another day.

Once I sent Maisha off to school, I started to get ready for work. I stood before the mirror, my eyes tired and exhausted. The restless night had left its mark, dark circles beneath my gaze. It wasn't fatigue weighing me down; it was the persistent echo of Maa's words. They had haunted my thoughts throughout the night, and even now, in the early hours of the morning, her soft voice urging me to marry Mr. Raichand refused to release their grip on my mind.

Love and marriage hadn't ever crossed my mind since Sahil's departure; he took away all my love and desires with him.

Being his widow was hard and painful, yet provided me a strange solace, at least I was still connected to him.

But at the same time, being Maisha's mother in Sahil's absence breaks my heart. Time and again, I have witnessed the longing in her eyes for her absent father. I have watched as the light in her eyes dim each time she sees her friends with their fathers. I vividly remember the look on her face when her school organized a race for students and their fathers on sports day two months ago, and she had no one to participate with.

I, too, grew up harboring a similar yearning. My father showered me with all his love; I was the apple of his eye. I was also cherished by my uncle and aunt, but the longing for my mother never waned. After my father's passing, that longing deepened. Now, witnessing that very same ache in my daughter's eyes, my heart pains.

She wants and even needs a father figure desperately in her life, but do I want a second marriage?

This question has haunted me since Maa spoke those words, and I still have no answer.

The thought of remarriage weighs heavily on my heart, casting a shadow of guilt that I can't seem to escape. I had made a solemn promise to love Sahil until my very last breath, and I want to hold onto that commitment with unwavering devotion.

How could I now contemplate the idea of marrying someone else?

It feels like a betrayal, a breach of the sacred vow I made to him. The memory of our love and the life we built together is a cherished treasure, one that I'm afraid to tarnish by moving on.

Thinking all this, I found myself ready for the day. I packed my bag and headed downstairs to join Maa and Papa for breakfast.

I was serving my plate when I heard Papa speak, "Anisha, whatever Sujata said to you yesterday, don't let them affect you. We just want you to think about that. If you think it's for the betterment of you and Maisha, then go ahead. If not, it's okay. Remember, we are always here for you."

Maa agreed with him as she chimed in, "Exactly, beta. The final decision is yours."

I nodded at them, finished my breakfast, and then rushed off to work.

As I strolled through the bustling corridors of the IndiVision Media Network, one of the many organisations under the Raichand Empire, I could feel the electricity in the air.

At the tender age of 21, I had the privilege of joining this esteemed and renowned organization. From my earlier role as a radio jockey at IndiWave Radio, I've ascended to the illustrious position of a talk show host on television-a journey that feels nothing short of miraculous.