Chapter 26

Karishma ( POV )

1 week later.

Nothing changed between Aditya and me....cold war still going on. I try not to make it obvious to others but I think they noticed. Its my routine to drink tea with my mother-in-law early in the morning.

Just us sitting by the hallroom window enjoying tea in peace. Its early no one woke up except us...and its perfect for me.

" I know its not my business to ask but....is something wrong with Aditya and you." She asked while adding sugar to her tea. Even she has noticed.....great.

" Its alright...just how it was. Why would you ask ? " I asked her, must make sure she doesn't suspect us. I don't want to give her additional tension ...she already had enough.

" Its just....you guys are not that together lately. Not talking about books...or cooking stuff in kitchen together....or taking a walk in the lawn, you stopped taking lunch for him . Aditya doesn't seem to spend time with you lately. " she said in one breath.

" It's not my place to ask but are you really fine together? " she asked with pure concern.

Now I dont know what to think....should I be worried about the amount of time we spent together...or surprised that she knows so much. I know She caught me in a tight spot but still I think I shouldn't share it with her.

" He is just busy lately with his work.....their is nothing wrong. Dont worry okay. " I told and sipped tea as an excuse as not to talk anymore.

" Alright....I believe you. " she said and continued our tea time together. I changed the subject with her work and tea time went well.

After that I came in kids room to get them ready for school. Mrs snow has already fed Arav and now that guy just playing with his giraffee toy. As I was helping Mrs snow to get the kids ready for school Akash handed me a letter.

" Mummy teacher said to give it to you...." he said giving me a little letter. Yep ! He calls me mom now. But it's not a fix for him he will call me bunny , mummy , mom , beautiful , princess, ducky ....he has tonnes of names all for me.

I opened the letter...looks like an invitation to me.

Dear parents,

on upcoming sunday, 8 o'clock we are organizing a sports day in our school. Their will be plenty of competition for both Adults and children to enjoy. A day to spent with your kids and be fit. We request you all to join it.

Thank you.

" Its about sports day...." I told him and he jumped happily. " I can finally have a competition with my mom....I am too happy. Mommy will help me get a prize....wouldn't you? " asked Akash.

I was going to let it pass....now we cant. We have to participate. " of course....now go to school. Mom will take care of it. " I told him and went school with others. Have to talk with Aditya about it. Today is Tuesday, a day he works from home.

I stood outside his study and knocked on the door. " come in " came a harsh voice. I walked in Aditya is working on his laptop. He is always on his laptop now...working on god knows what. Maybe staring at his beautiful wife..... Karishma stop blaming the wrong person... don't hate her soul.

" Do you have some time...I need to talk about Akash. " I said, he stopped for a second closed his laptop and said " Have a sit. " I took the seat , it feels just like the first conversation we had for our kids. I gave him the letter.

He read it for sometime than told " I am not sure....I maybe too busy for that. " he said handing back the letter.

" why not? The sole reason we married ....is our children....." I said but his expression was like ' really our children ' so I had to change it a bit .