Chapter Four

"You can run, but you can't hide," the man chanted as his voice got closer.

Fear flowed in me as he got closer. There was a knot in my throat that was making it hard to breath.

"You know you're safe here. I would never hurt you, Malia. I would put my life on the line for you. Just please come out," his voice was laced with worry.

Why does he care about me? He has no reason to! His footsteps seemed to stop. I breathed a sigh of relief. Then he grabbed me.

"Finally, I thought I'd lost you," the person said.

He didn't scare me, at all actually. I was just loosing my mind. I didn't know what to do. Did I actually like him? No. Malia you can't.
-
I woke up again in a cold sweat. Why did my dreams feel like memories? Apparently I managed not to wake up Morgan. He slept peacefully on the bed.

These dreams were weird. I had one Monday night, but haven't had one sense. I was hoping they had stopped but they hadn't. This one felt more real than the last.

I looked over at the clock. It read three thirty. There was no way I was going back to sleep. Even if that meant that I would be tired. Today was Saturday and I didn't need to do anything today.

So I have the whole day to fight sleep. I really wished that we would do something today. Something exciting so that I wouldn't have to fight the sleep.

I pulled my phone out from under my pillow and got on Wattpad. Wattpad was the only app that I really used. I could read whenever I wanted and whatever I was in the mood to read. My whole library consisted of Alphas and mates. That was what all my books were about.

I clicked on Wattpad and began reading. This was my escape and this was the only escape that I needed.
-
After of hours of reading, Morgan finally arose from the dead at ten, otherwise known as sleep.

"Good morning Lia," he mumbled.

"Morgan, I mean this in the sweetest way possible, WAKE UP!"

I literally screamed that in his ear. He fell off the side of the bed and started cursing at me. Well, atleast he's awake.

" I wanna go do something!"

" Lia, sweetheart, it's early on a Saturday Morning. Almost no one is awake but us and maybe some old people. They don't know what time it is anyways, so I don't think they count."

"Hey! They know what time it is? Well, most of them. Old people are adorable!"

"Did you just say old people were adorable?"

"Yes, yes I did."

"That's not even possible."

"Yes it is."

"Not."

"Is.

"Not!"

"Is," I said sternly.

"Awe, look, she's trying to be mean!"

"Oh shush."

-

Morgan and me spent the morning arguing over stupid things. He still doesn't believe that old people can be cute. Old people can be cute! There are so kinds of cute old men. They are just adorable. Old ladies remind me of those apple dolls. I know it sounds weird, but that's just the way it is.

Well technically we were still arguing. I told him that he needed to go back to his house to get clothes and he told me that he didn't want to go back at all. After fifteen minutes he agreed to go back when he mom wasn't there. He knew, of course, what her work schedule was.

"Come on Lia! I want to get there right after she leaves so that there is no chance of her being there at all."

"I'm coming, Morgan! Stop rushing me I'm right on time and it was my idea to start with mister!"

As I came down the stairs I heard him mumble 'I know, I know.' I decided to not say anything. He was trying to end this conversation and for once I'm going to happily let him. He didn't like the idea of going back to the house that he was just kicked out of. He needed his clothes though and he knew it. I didn't mind at all that he was staying, but I couldn't keep going and getting dad's shirts for him and washing his jeans and such everyday.

"In the car. Come on," I said to Morgan.

He didn't object. He just went to get in the car. Well, let's just hope that his mom isn't home.

-

Nash's pov

Normal people like Saturdays and hate Mondays, but I was the opposite. Today was Saturday and I wished more than anything that it was Monday. Why? I have class all day today and I don't have class on Monday. I also get to see Malia on Monday. She was the only reason I went to that coffee on Monday. She was a regular on Monday and Wednesday. The day I had figured that out I was just taking a chance on her being a regular, I really didn't know. Ever since I found that out I became a regular.

It does sound kind of stalkerish, but I didn't care. She was truly perfect. She was the prettiest girl I had ever met in my like. She was also three years younger than me and still in high school. Malia had flirted with me too. She acted like she liked me, but then the next Monday she came in with a guy, Morgan. I am without a doubt the jealous type. She's not even mine and yet I was still jealous. I ended up staying at the coffee stop as long as they did. She looked so happy with him. I wondered if she would be that happy with me.

What am I even thinking? She doesn't want me. I'm probably not even her type. I've never really been anyone's type. I mean I suppose in high school I was, but now I'm too hung up on school just to go out with a girl that I more than likely won't even be seeing for second date. Things were so screwed up. Nothing made sense anymore. I was supposed to have help with these things! I was supposed to have family to help me! Of course not, that can't happen for me. I had to loose them all. Loose them all at once. I couldn't even protect them, something I promised I do ever since I was a little boy.

I just wanted someone in this world who wanted me. Who made me feel special and Malia mad me feel that way. She made me feel like someone cared. That someone was actually there for me and I had only met her once. I wanted to see her. I needed to see her. Staying away from her began to be painful. I knew that it was probably a one sided feeling and that made me feel even worse. I wanted someone to want me. I wanted Malia to want me, but I didn't know how to make her want me. Can you even make someone want you?

I laid my head down on my desk in front of me. Study hall was always depressing for me. I never got studying done. I only got thinking done and that wasn't good. The worst thing ever is to be let alone with yourself, to be left alone with your thoughts. You are your worst enemy. Sad isn't it? That most of the time the problem in your head doesn't exist. It's just what you made up in your head.

Maybe I made up in my head that Malia was flirting with me. I really thought she was. I guess we'll figure out next Monday, when I see her once again.

I just have to wait until Monday.