N E C K L A C E

V i n n i e

The sun has far set. The night was dark and the breeze was cold. Normally, at this time of the day, I would take a long bath, get changed into my pajamas and hover on my bed with the sheets covered all over me. I'm easily cold, but that trait of mine was long gone when I saw Draco's state.

I've seen him cry before, I felt good that he feels comfortable enough to be vulnerable with me. But somehow, Draco bursting into my room and randomly crying and the rumor of Nova being a death eater coming at the same time bothers me.

"I'm sorry" his voice broke the silence. I lifted his faced and carefully sat on the edge of the bed beside him.

"For what?" I ask, he looked away from me and hid his face with his hair.

I didn't queried any further. If he wasn't ready to tell anything, I won't force him to. Even when I'm dying to know whatever the hell is going on.

He lifted his arms and pulled my head to his chest, his chin rested gently on my head. The sudden gesture startled me but I didn't budge. This was exactly what I need, and probably what he needs as well. A moment of silence.

"I love you" he whispered, got up, and left.

He's gone, out of sight, just like that.

One moment he's crying and the second, he just got up and left as if nothing happened leaving me confused. What the bloody hell was that about.

I watched as he slam the door, probably louder than he intend to.

My figure still sat on the edge of the bed, waiting that maybe, just maybe, he'd come back from the door and explain what was going on.

He didn't came back.

"Fucking—" I groaned to myself, sitting up and kicking whatever and whoever's basket was on the ground, probably Luna's— fuck, I don't care.

I curled on the side for a bit while trying my hardest to process everything. I stayed there for Merlin knows how long until I finally decided to go and get a bath.

After hours that felt like seconds, I got off the tub and put on my pajamas. I tossed my dirty clothes on the laundry and was about to get out when something caught my attention. The circular necklace Draco gave me. My hands made its way to the necklace. I can feel my head burning in anger and frustration, I gripped the necklace, and threw it with all of my strength across the bathroom. A loud clatter woke me up from my anger.

"No, no, no, no, no"

The necklace was broken, it shattered into pieces. I kneeled down and picked up every single pieces of it, desperately trying to fix it up, I hadn't noticed my tears.

"Vinnie?" A voice gathered my attention, I looked up, still on the ground, and saw Cho by the door.

I quickly wiped my tears off the attempted to stand up but Cho stopped me. "It's fine" she said with her hand laying gently on my shoulder. "I know what happened"

With those words, I broke down, completely. I've held these fountain of tears long enough that it wasn't a fountain anymore, it's a geyser.

Cho lead my to the bed. I felt like a child and she acted like my mum. My mum, I miss her. And my Brothers, Ginny. I wanna go home.

She tucked me in even when I told her not to, she insisted. She sat by the edge of my bed while humming and caressing my head to sleep. It succeeded, I did fell asleep, faster than I intend to.

-

Another short one xjdjxbsjsn I'M SORRY!! I promise the next ones will be longer. I'm gonna upload lots until this weekend before I got back to school!! This story barely ending, stay tuned!!!