...𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐭? • 𝟎.𝟏

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
2.4k words

𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐭?

Of course there's another new kid. I mean it's like we just can't catch a break you know? One of the satyrs already brought a new half blood last month.
His name was something like Henry Parker or something like that, maybe it was Jeremy Parker...I'm not really sure, but you get the point.

I mean I like being around people like me I guess, but then again, people here don't always like to consider me a real half-blood.

This is going to be hard to explain, especially since you're a mortal (maybe). And I know this story is gonna take a while, so let's backtrack shall we?

First off, I know you're wondering who I am, so let's start with the basics. I'm Lorelei Faye Soreen. 'The Cursed Kid' is what most people around camp call me, but we'll talk about that part later.

The best way to put it is I was a weird child, and the only thing that would make me go to sleep was the sound of the woods (according to my dad anyway).

So every night my dad would walk in the woods cradling me as he was still trying to figure out the whole 'single parenting' thing the best he could.

He was putting me to sleep one night and the goddess Artemis came out of the shadows glowing almost just like the moonlight.

She saw I had potential or something like that, so she blessed me (at least that's what I've been told).

She swore to protect me and she blessed me with the powers of talking to woodland animals, and perfect aim.

And the protection part I understand, considering she protects women and stuff, but the whole blessing part? I mean, I'm grateful for it and stuff, obviously, but why me?

She also gave me a bracelet with an arrow charm, so then when I press it, my bow and a quiver of enchanted arrows appear.

The bow is lined with silver detailing and a bit of light purple, and the  bow it self is made out of wood from an enchanted tree, it's really cool (in my opinion).

But, every blessing comes with a catch in a hero's tale, so of course, I was also cursed. I was cursed with the mark of the Blood Moon. Yay... so exciting.

According to my prophecy, I'm essentially doomed on the night of the Blood Moon. But the thing is, we don't know exactly in what way the prophecy meant that to be.

I honestly couldn't tell you how, why or even what the Blood Moon will do to me. Some people have said I'll die, but nobody knows for sure what will become of me.

I'm just told not to worry, so I try not to, but wouldn't you worry too if you had a mark on your finger constantly reminding you you're cursed?

Anyway, back to the main story. After about two years, my dad married my step mom, Karly.

And it was just me, dad and Karly for about a year, then we found out she was pregnant with my new little brother Luca.

Luca isn't like me, I mean, he's still my brother of course, but he's mortal. He isn't allowed into camp by the magical borders, so the gods gave him a blessing that allows him to enter camp.

I don't even know how that works, but I'm not gonna complain or question it, because I like having some company, considering most of the time I don't really talk to the kids in the Hermes cabin anyway.