𝐀𝐥𝐥-𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 • 𝟎.𝟐

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
  1.2k Words

After Chiron showed me basically all of the camp, he spoke up, "I have something to show you," he walked forward out of the wooded area where we were before,

"12 cabins, 12 Olympian Gods. Each cabin is home to the children that God has claimed." He said with a smile as I studied my surroundings a bit.

"Great, which one am I?" I asked curiously, finally having a little hope in this 'demigod' side of me.

Chiron's smile faded and he shook his head, "You haven't been claimed, Percy." And now I was just downright confused.

"Well, when do I get...claimed?" I asked, the confusion clear in my tone.

"Well, the Gods reveal their design in their own time, not before." He stated simply.

"Your father might claim you tomorrow, it might be next week, and it might be-" I knew what he was about to say all too well, so I just cut him off.

"Never." My anger and frustration slightly grew, "Even now, he still wants nothing to do with me." I said irritated.

Chiron looked at me, "What am I even doing here? There's no place for me here." I said in defeat.

"There is a place for you." He said, then his smile appeared again as he gestured behind me. "Here." He said with a smile.

"Hermes, God of travelers," Chiron said as he walked towards the door of the cabin "His cabin is home to both his own children, and the unclaimed."

We walked through the door and almost immediately, without warning, Chiron announced,

"Everyone!" He said gaining the kids attention. "Wait a minute!" I tried to get him to stop but he didn't.

"Everyone! Your attention, please. This is, Percy Jackson," when he said this I felt every single camper's eyes on me. I looked down and gave an awkward wave to everyone.

"I trust that you will see to whatever he needs." Chiron announced, and after he finished all the campers went back to doing exactly what they were doing before as if I wasn't even there.

"I know that you feel powerless, but you're not." Chiron said, I looked up at him as he spoke to me, "All will reveal itself in time."

He said then started walking toward the doors of the cabin, then he left. Which meant leaving me alone with more kids who I didn't know and kids that didn't want me here...great.

I looked around and took in everything, after a few seconds I spotted my stuff, so I started walking over to it.

A few kids stared, others gave me a few glances then looked away and others didn't look at me at all. Which I was grateful to the kids that didn't look at me like I was a freak, I'd had enough of that today.

I opened my backpack, just looking in it, not for anything specifically, but I just wanted to see what I'd packed, I didn't really remember to be honest.

The first thing I saw when I opened my backpack was a plastic bag, the plastic bag of blue candies my mom had gotten me as a 'welcome home' gift after I'd gotten kicked out of another school.

The more I stared at it, the more I realized how much I really missed her. I wished she was here, I really needed her right now.

Then I heard whispers, whispers about me, "It's the kid, I think he's the one that killed the Minotaur." I looked over to the group of kids that were whispering about me and a tall kid, with dark brunette curls, brown eyes and a scar across one of his eyes, walked over.

I was honestly fed up with everyone and everything today, why couldn't people just leave me alone?

"Look, if you wanna give me a hard time, just do it tomorrow," I said to the brunette in defense, "I can't do anymore today."

"I heard what happened to you on the hill and...I just wanted to say I'm really sorry." I tensed slightly at the mention of that moment,

"I know what you're going through, believe me." The brunette boy said, then he smiled slightly at me.

"I'm Luke." He said then offered his hand for me to shake. "Percy." I said then shook his hand and looked up at him.

Some little kid ran up to Luke, and ran through the two of us making Luke back up, then when he looked down and saw who it was he smiled slightly.

"Hey Luca, whatcha got there?" Luke said with a smirk, kneeling down to the kid, who looked around 8 or 9, he had light brown hair and he had brown eyes.

"I made something with the Hephaestus cabin today, it's a shield, Luke! Look!" The kid said and showed it off like he was modeling for teen vogue or something. He was clearly pretty proud of it.

"That's really awesome Luca, all you need is a sword to complete the look. You should try and make one next." Luke said with a smile. "But, before you run off," Luke gestured to me, "This is Percy. He's our new cabin mate."

"Percy? That's a cool name, but isn't that also the same kid my sister had to take care of for like 3 days? The one that was drooling everywhere?" He said with no filter whatsoever, did he always run around exposing people for fun? Gods.

"I was not drooling everywhere." I mumbled to myself, and Luke chuckled. "Yeah that's him, speaking of your sister, where is she?"

Luke asked but before the kid could speak, a girl walked in and said. "Right here, dumbass."

I knew that voice! Finally something familiar, That girl- what was her name, Laurie maybe? Lexi? Lily? Lore...Lorelei! The girl that shot that arrow at me. Oh...that girl...Yay.

I looked over to see her with her stupid smirk on her face, "What's up, Luke?" She asked with a smile replacing her smirk

"Nothing much, just wanted you to meet the new camper, and our new cabin mate." He said then looked at me, and with that the kid, Luca I think his name was, ran off.

"Oh, we've already met," I said coming off a little more salty than I'd hoped.

She scoffed, "You're not the only one dealing with shit right now, new kid." She mumbled angrily, but I heard it. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Okay!" Luke interrupted before I could say something I'd regret, "Lorelei, um, why don't you just go...uh...tidy up your bunk before bed?" Luke said even though it was like 3:00 in the afternoon. I guess trying to distract her in a way.

"Gladly." She said then gave me a look, then rolled her eyes as she walked off. "Wow, she's in a mood." I said still looking at her with annoyance.

"Yeah, maybe. Or she just doesn't like you, she probably thinks you're full of yourself." Luke said blankly.

"What? I've barely talked to her! How would she know if I am full of myself or not?" I asked confused.

Luke shrugged his shoulders, "She's not as bad as you think she is. I mean, once you get to know her."

"Yeah, right." I mumbled to myself, not meant for anyone to hear.

____________________________________