𝟎𝟒

- The Lord's Prayer

Abby was sat in the middle of Bjorn and Lagertha as Ragnar had wanted the blonde beauty there alongside Athelstan as they were eating together with King Horik and his son Erlendur discussing the plan for when they next travel back to England, "Nex...

Abby was sat in the middle of Bjorn and Lagertha as Ragnar had wanted the blonde beauty there alongside Athelstan as they were eating together with King Horik and his son Erlendur discussing the plan for when they next travel back to England, "Next summer, I say we should return to Wessex, claim our land from King Ecbert" Bjorn called out as he glanced around the room, "Those who wish to farm should do so, and divide the land between them"

"What should the rest of us do, hmm?" Horik questioned raising his brows as he stared at Bjorn in disbelief, "Those who do not wish to be farmers." Abby let out a heavy sigh rolling her eyes in annoyance as she shared a look with Lagertha as Bjorn replied, "Those can join King Ecbert and Princess Kwenthrith in the battle for Mercia. I am sure they will be rewarded well."

King Horik had a thoughtful expression on his face as he nodded his head in agreement earning confused looks from Abigail, Ragnar and Lagertha, "I agree with you. I think we should claim the land, but I do not like the idea of being Ecbert's handmaiden. I still have a score to settle with him and unlike Ragnar, I do not trust him. He reminds me of the giantess Hel. You remember, hmm? Her face, her neck, her arms, her breast, all pink, but beneath her waist, every inch of her flesh was decayed and rotten and greenish back"

"Yes, that might be true, father, But isn't it best to test him to see if he is honest?" Erlendur asked with a curious look on his face glancing over at Abigail who was glaring at him from across the table as Athelstan looked around at the group and added in, "I believe he is telling the truth" everyone turned their attention to the priest as Lagertha raised her brows and stated, " then you are still innocent. It does not seem to matter how many experiences you have, Athelstan. In the end, you're still like the young Monk I first met"

"So you agree with me?" Horik questioned Lagertha as he placed his mug of ale down as Lagretha shook her head sending him a look and corrected, " No. I agree that those who wish to farm should do so and also ask for King Ecbert's protection but for some of us, those of us who still want to raid, we will go elsewhere, explore and discover new places."

❀❀❀❀

Abby sighs as she runs her hands through her hair, as she was stood in the market near one of the fabric stalls looking over at the different material trying to keep her mind off things as Ragnar had told her there is going to be a war against King Horik since he wanted Ragnar and his family dead due to the power that they have.

The blonde understood that Ragnar and Bjorn wanted to protect her as it was clear that King Horik despised her because she was born a Christian and the fact her father had caused a lot of deaths of their people when they first came to invade England and didn't want anything happen to her as there is many of people who liked and cared for the blonde beauty and if anything were to happen to her it was cause war with England.