ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

Summary: After making your relationship public, the hate you started receiving was getting to you, making you feel like you weren't enough for George. Luckily, he's there to pick you up and make you feel better.

Words: 1.1k+

♡♡♡♡♡

You knew dating George would be hard, especially after deciding to make your relationship public.

Given the fact that his fan base consisted in a very manner of girls, that made things even more complicated. Hate comments and death threats became the norm whenever one of you would post a picture with the other.

You knew you shouldn't listen to them, they were only behaving that way because they wished they were in your place.

George knew that. You knew that. It was simple

But you couldn't help it, sometimes they did manage to get to you. Making you doubt yourself, thinking you were not good enough to be with someone like George, doubting your relationship. 

George could always tell when this would happen. 

You would go quiet all of a sudden, you would just stare at your phone and not even realize he would be talking to you. 

Seeing you like that broke George's heart every single time. He knew how harsh his fans could be and how eager they were to rip every single person in a driver's life to absolute shreds. He saw it happen to every single driver on the track and he was no stranger to it himself.

Watching the tears stream down your eyes as you read the comments on your or his posts was something he never wanted to see ever again. 

Unfortunately, that was exactly how he found you in your shared apartment once he came back early from his GP in Las Vegas.

You hadn't been able to attend because you had 2 exams that weekend, so you stayed back home but cheered him on nonetheless.

He hadn't told you exactly when he would be flying in, figuring the least he could do was surprise you by coming home earlier than expected.

What took him by surprise, though, were the sobs coming from your bedroom, quiet yet unnerving to his ears.

"Love?" he called out as he made his way towards the bedroom door, knocking on it softly before opening it.

There you were, sitting in the middle of the huge bed in one of the hoodies he had left behind, tears running down your cheeks and mascara smeared all over your face.

You sniffled once your eyes met his, not even bothering to try and hide yourself from him. You didn't have the energy for that.

"George" your voice came out like a whine as you outstretched your arms towards him like a little child, begging to be held by him.

Not even thinking for another second, he sprinted towards the bed and enveloped you in his strong hold, holding you tightly as you let out a new set of tears at the feeling of his warmth.

His heart broke at the sound of your sobs, urging him to squeeze you tighter and tighter so you could feel all the love he carried for you and only you.

Several minutes were spent like that, him holding you while you let all of your pent-up frustration and pain in his arms. You clung to him like your life depended on it and couldn't help but melt into him, feeling more at home than ever before.

Slowly, but surely, you were starting to calm down, your hysterical sobs now down to sniffles and slight hiccups.

"I'm sorry" you croaked out, your voice sore from all the crying.

"What are you sorry for? You shouldn't be apologizing to me. What happened, love?" he was cradling your face in his hands softly, caressing your cheeks with his thumbs.

You closed your eyes for a moment and let out a soft sigh, enjoying the soothing motion of his hands and the feeling of his skin on yours.

"I was on Instagram and a post from Mercedes popped up about your weekend in Las Vegas so I wanted to leave a comment because I'm proud of your weekend but the moment I entered the comment section it was all flooded with comments dragging me through the mud because I wasn't there with you and shit. I know I sometimes suck because I can't be there for every race and people hate me for that, but I need to finish my degree and I feel so guilty for it sometimes and-"

"Hey, sh sh. There's so need for you to feel guilty about investing in your future, love. This is your life, your education, baby. I'm so insanely proud of you for everything you're doing and don't think for a second that you have to prove your love for me or something even remotely close to that by coming to every race. No matter where you are, I know you're cheering me on and that's all that matters. I want you to focus on your studies and your future before even thinking about focusing on my career. People are jealous, baby, they're jealous because you're with me and they're not. Hating is all they know how to do. Please, don't hurt yourself by listening to some people you don't even know and people who don't get a say in how we live our lives. As long as you and I have everything figured out, that's all that matters. Do you hear me?" he asked, staring deeply into your eyes.

You let his words sink in, slowly but surely convincing yourself to listen to him.

Deep down, you knew everything he was saying was right and honest, but sometimes the pressure got to you and you would just break down.

"I hear you. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, I know you're stressed enough as it is" you said, pouting a little.

George shook his head, kissing your forehead quickly.

"Don't apologize to me for that. I'm never too busy or stressed for you. Always come to me when you're feeling like this so we can talk it out. I love you so much and I never want you to doubt yourself or our relationship"

"I love you too" you whispered, leaning in and capturing your lips with his.

You climbed onto his lap, wrapping your limbs around him like a koala bear.

Pulling away only slightly, you buried your face in his neck and wrapped your arms around his torso tightly, never wanting to let go.

Even though these moments would away creep in and make you doubt yourself, George would always be there to make sure he shut them all down.

Why?

Because you deserved to be loved and appreciated and he was determined to be the person to show you just how special you were to the people around you.

Especially to him.

♡♡♡♡♡