ᴘᴇʀɪᴏᴅ

Summary: You're having very bad period cramps but not to worry, Charles is here to save the day!

Words: 1.1k+

♡♡♡♡♡

You hated being a woman.

Well, that wasn't technically true.

You hated specific parts of being a woman. Like periods, for starters.

The pain that always enveloped you every month was the most barbaric thing you had ever felt in your entire life.

From headaches, backaches, all the way to your tummy cramping up and simulating what it would feel like to get stabbed in the gut hundreds of times over and over again. That's how you would describe the cramps.

Charles, of course, tried to help as much as possible. He knew the signs that your period was approaching a week before that.

You would be crankier and more emotional than normal, you'd complain about the fact that your breasts were sore, you'd be bloated and would raid the cupboard you had with chocolate and all kinds of junk food.

He knew you already.

And when your period would finally come, it would be like a switch was turned on in his head.

He'd turn into the most attentive boyfriend and human being you had ever met. Asking you if you needed anything, if he could bring you anything to eat or drink, encouraging you to take some pain medication to help ease your suffering, offering to just lay with you and hope his presence brings you some comfort.

He had even mastered the art of heating up your water bottle to perfection.

You really couldn't have asked for someone better to handle you when you were on your period.

And just like every month, you were now bound to your shared bed, snuggled under 3 blankets with your head buried into your soft pillow, small groans and whines coming from you every once in a while.

Your period had just started a half an hour before, but it was already swinging in with fresh forces.

Charles has been on the simulator for the past hour, so he didn't know that you were currently dying of pain in his bed. You figured there was no reason to bother him, it happened every month and you were already used to it.

But you regretted it as soon as your body hit the bed. You wanted the warmth of your boyfriend, his arms around you in a hug that only he could give you, have his undivided attention and just lounge in bed with him.

And yet you couldn't even find the energy to get out of bed and go to him. You couldn't even find the energy to take your phone and maybe send him a message.

You would just have to wait for him to finish his game and come looking for you. He shouldn't be that much longer, right?

God seemingly took pity on you, because not even 5 minutes later the bedroom door opened and Charles stuck his head in to see what you were doing.

"Amour?" his voice was soft, thinking you would be asleep and not wanting to wake you up.

You only grumbled from under the covers, which immediately alarmed your boyfriend.

"What's wrong, mon amour?" he now fully opened the door and hurried to your side of the bed, slowly caressing your cheek and brushing your hair back from your face.

"Cramps" you mumbled out, almost sighing in relief once his hand made contact with your skin.

He immediately knew what you meant, mentally kicking himself that he had not come to check on you sooner.

"I'll go get you some medicine and prepare your heating pad. Do you want anything else? Something to eat, maybe?" he said, smiling when you opened your eyes to look at him.

"Maybe some chocolate?" you smiled cutely, making him smile and nod.

He leaned down to kiss your forehead before he hurried out of the room and towards the kitchen.

Immediately getting to work, he put some water to heat up and got your medicine, also finding the chocolate that you always craved when you were on your period.

As soon as the water was heated, he poured it into the heating pad he had got you and hurried up the stairs, not wanting you to be in any more pain.

"There we go, amour. Drink this" he said as he sat next to you and handed you the pills and a glass of water.

You slowly sat up and swallowed the pills, taking the pad out of his arms and putting it on your belly.

"Did you bring the chocolate?" you asked, searching for the sweet relief.

He nodded and handed you the bar from behind him, smiling when he saw how your eyes lit up when you saw the chocolate in your line of vision.

"Do you need anything else?" he asked, caressing the side of your leg.

"Cuddles?" you asked, making grabby hands at him and patting the empty spot next to you.

He smiled and immediately got rid of his clothes until he was only in his underwear, knowing that you loved the warmth of his body when he had nothing on.

The moment he laid down next to you, you latched onto him like a koala, wrapping your arms around his waist and burying your face in the crook of his neck to inhale his scent.

You guys stayed like this for half an hour, having turned on the tv in the meantime to pass the time quicker.

Charles tried to be as still as possible, thinking that you had fallen asleep.

"Thank you, Charlie" you mumbled, making Charles surprised that you hadn't already fallen asleep.

"For what?" he was confused, he hadn't done anything that would require something like that.

You lifted your head from his chest, his eyes softening when he saw the adoration in your eyes as you looked at him.

"For taking such good care of me. I know I get cranky and irritated and all, I appreciate you being patient with me" you explained, settling your head on his chest again and starting to play with the string hanging from his hoodie.

"You don't have to thank me for that. Being on your period is normal and I know how bad your cramps can get. I just want to make you feel better in any way that I can" he said, wrapping his arms more tightly around your frame and pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"I love you" you whispered, eyes closing and sleep finally coming to you.

"I love you too"