Chapter 18

" I'm sorry Moonbi. But when Ma told me how you suffered when with Sunghoon, I couldn't sit still and tried to take Yuri away. I'm sorry. " Sera rubbed her back as Moonbi sobs while hugging her child in a tight grip as if someone would steal her Yuri away.

" But I don't understand one thing. Why did Sarang, I mean Yuri picked Mrs. Kwon instead of her own mother? " Seungmin voiced out and they all glanced at the girl who only lowered her head in shame.

" I-I knew eomma suffered because of me. If I wouldn't have been born, eomma and appa would still be together and not suffering from being poor. S-So I thought it's better if I go with aunty instead. " She stuttered while avoiding eye contact with her mother who kneeled on her knees as her tears continued to flow.

" Yuri-ya.. " Moonbi called softly as she held her small hands into her own softer ones. " You're not a burden on me or your appa. You were the final push for us to get married. You were the one who connected us when we struggled on our own. You are the one who brightened our day just with a small smile and melted all our worries away when you would call us eomma and appa. "

Sarang softly raised her head as she sniffled and almost immediately engulfed her mother into a hug. " I'm s-sorry eomma. Please don't leave me. "

Her soft whispers caused Moonbi to smile as she continued to feel her tears slide down her cheeks.
" No I won't. I would never leave you alone my baby. "

Suddenly Mrs. Yoo placed her hands on both her youngest daughter and her grandchild as she smiled.
" I called Sunghoon. He is coming to pick you both up. I don't think its my place to separate a family. "

Moonbi looked at her with grateful tears as she continued to kneel and hug her child. She nodded and scooped Sarang into her arms, turning towards the members who were quietly watching the drama unfold, she gave a small bow with a smile filled with gratitude.

" Are you ready to go sarangie? " Moonbi called her by the name she got accustomed to over the whole week. Thinking it as a term of endearmeant given by the 8 members standing there with saddened expressions.

Sarang nodded and Moonbi turned around to leave along with the Kwon couples and Mrs. Yoo who gave a apologetic bow.

As Sarang was leaving through the door, she gave the brightest smile with a tiny wave towards the members to show them that they shouldn't be sad because Sarang is finally with her true family.

But that doesn't mean Sarang would forget this family. The family consisting of her 8 protective yet soft hearted brothers.

And Chan almost melted at the cute gesture. Suddenly something clicked in his mind and before they could leave, he stepped forward to voice the question in his mind.

" Wait a minute Miss Moonbi. " She turned around when her name was called and smiled at Chan politely to show that she was waiting for him to speak further. " I have a question. Why does Sarang calls me Da— *ahem*  daddy? I mean if you know obviously. "

Moonbi chuckled as she glanced at the small girl in her arms who only pouted at her.

" She grew up watching Chan's room when I was busy buying medicines for her and Sunghoon was busy paying for those medicines. She didn't know what your name was but when she heard you calling yourself daddy once, she continued calling you that. " Moonbi chuckled once again as she stroked the oblivious Yuri's head.

" Moonbi? Are you coming? " Sera's voice echoed from the hallway and Moonbi replied with a 'coming'.

" We'll leave then. Yuri? Say bye to them. " Yuri obeyed her mother with a cute smile as she waved. " And you know you could visit her when I come to meet Ma once in a while. "

She added as she saw the sad pouts and frowns over the adult-kids faces and almost immediately they brightened.

" Surely we will! " Jisung replied in enthusiasm causing Moonbi to chuckle.

" We'll leave then. Thank you again for taking care of Yuri and sorry for the trouble. " Chan shook his head in dismissal and a smile as he waved back to Sarang who finally left with her mother.

A sigh left Chan's mouth as he turned around to look the sad and pouty faces of his members.

" Well anyone wants goodbye kisses? " Seungmin's face was the first ones to contort into disgust as he flied away from the living room.

" No thanks. " Jisung replied and waddled into his room. And all the members left the living room one by one.

Chan sighed while shaking his head and sat beside Felix, who was munching on some chips he found, on the sofa.

" Hmm? " Felix hummed in question as he held the chips bag towards the leader who took one in his mouth.

" The house is surprisingly quite now. " Chan noted and Felix hummed again with chips in his mouth. " It almost feels lonely. "

" How about we adopt a cat then? It'll help with Sarang's absence then. " It was Minho who suddenly popped inside the living room and Chan jumped in surprise.

" Damn Minho! What did I say about adopting a cat! "

" But we adopted a kid when Jisung asked why can't we adopt a kitten then! " Minho had a whiny tone in his voice as he held a accusatory finger pointed towards the leader. Chan sometimes had a hard time believing that this man was only a year younger than himself.

" Having sarang was different. We didn't adopt her and it was temporary. "

" Then let's catnap a kitten temporarily until its own mother comes to rescue her! " Chan exhaled out a sigh of defeat as he looked towards Felix for help.

" Cats are cute. " Felix replied helplessly with a shrug and before Minho could further the argument with triumph, Jisung once again bounced into the room with an announcement.

" I just found a website selling pandas! Let's adopt one! "

" Not again. " Chan sighed and held his head because he knew what was coming.

" I'm suddenly craving pancakes. Anyone want one? " Felix questioned as he alighted from his seat and stretched his arms above his head.

That was the only thing missing but Chan was grateful for that because he literally and figuratively dragged Felix towards the kitchen with unnatural excitement.

" Of course I want some pancakes! And I would LOVE to help my favourite Australian brother in the kitchen too! "

" Uh.. sure? "

Hello, this is JYP entertainment.

This message is regarding the 4 year old girl that accidentally ended up infront of K-pop Boy band Straykids and stayed with them for a week. Her mother has been found and she had taken her back to her original home.

The reason of this accident is a private matter and we seek your understanding.

Alas, Sarang, or originally named as Yuri, is back home and happy. Straykids will continue their comeback schedule and have a world tour starting from next month.

Thank you.

— The. End —

.⋆☂˚。1217。˚☂⋆.

Wht do you mean i was stalling the ending?
Ofc not 🙂

231202