Chapter 46

An hour and half later, I exited the mansion dressed in a new set of outfits. Then I frowned at the green and black Lamborghini Aventador sports car waiting for me.

"Sport car?" I asked my brother as I got into the passenger seat.

He was dressed in knee length jeans and some Hawaiian button up top with sunglasses on top of his head.

He's going crazy.

"Car race." he replied in a duh tone.

Geez. Okay. I'm not that dumb.

The road to wherever we were going took approximately 25 minutes. And during these minutes Maxy wasted no time - literally- as he caught me up with his recent races.

It was illegal, btw. I've heard about it from my brothers but I've never actually been to one.

Now I'm wondering if I overdressed.

Well, at least it matches Max's car right?

Maxy spent the whole drive telling me about this new kid who appeared out of nowhere, joining the races. That was the part where I didn't feel like there's any drama there. Then he told me about how he appeared and won all the races against him- and no one- as far as he's concerned- no one beats him in the race.

It's kinda pathetic, ngl. Boys and their dignity and ego.

Apparently, people call this guy Savitar.

Now it makes me wanna watch The Flash again.

After entertaining my brother with support and insult- of course, we finally arrived at the place.

It wasn't anything like I've ever seen before.

Despite being an illegal thing to do, the place was filled with crowds. I'm not even kidding. There were tents and stations everywhere, some with food and drinks and the others with well, equipment for racing.

Maxwell pulled up at a huge piece of land that was filled with a few other sports cars- which were really- I'm not even kidding-beautiful. He parked there and we got out.

"Stay close." he yelled to me as he took my hand in his.

His trust in me not getting lost is definitely low.

I analysed my surroundings as my brother guided me through the crowd.

"Why are people always so sweaty?" I asked back loudly.

If Max replied, I didn't hear what he said.

After what felt like a mile, we finally stopped walking and my brother lets go of my hand before bro-hugging a bunch of people who smiled and greeted him.

"MA MAN." one of them grinned as they did a handshake.

Boys.

After a short introduction of everyone, Max left me with his friends as he went to the starting line.

"I bet a hundred dollars that Max's gonna lose to Savitar by 0.002 seconds." One of the boys, Jake, said as he stood next to me.

I scoffed as I rested my arm on the high railing. "0.002 seconds?"

"Mm. Savitar and Max raced for almost three months now and he's always 0.002 seconds slower."

Damn. That's sad.

"I love Max, but it's just the sad truth." Another girl, Misha, said.

A few minutes later, the starting line was filled with different brands of race cars.