Prologue

I got up from the carpet of leaves and stood on my feet. I could hear noises but didn't think much about it. The only thing I thought about here was one: What now?

I had managed to escape from the cellar but now?

For now, I decided to just walk forward.

The blades of grass were little higher than me ( I was 0.5 mm ). The house behind me was a huge thing.

As I walked forward I thought, how can I find food now? Yes, I brought some pieces of crackers for three days but I don't think it's enough for the rest of my life. Besides, if someone walks by me, they are likely to crush me. So I have to keep away from people. In the distance I heard children shouting and screaming for joy but I didn't pay them any mind. I looked around. The pebbles that seemed tiny when I was growing up were now as big as me.

Without realizing it I had moved away from the house quite a bit. In front of me I could glimpse something red. Like a fence. I didn't remember a house next to mine.

As I walked, the fence got bigger and closer. As I walked I also saw something in the grass. It looked like sand. There wasn't even a river near my house.

As I got within a few inches of the gate I was able to get a better look at what it was. And it wasn't a pretty thing at all. It was a playground.