22 | Stress Baking 101

"Just kiss me, baby, and tell me twice that you're the one for me."

~ Michael Jackson, The Way You Make Me Feel

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!

Turns out, they told the truth. The hit and run wasn't them. Considering the car came from no where, Sophie and Cillian feared it had to do with Hoppers.

The couple learned that Cillian's family and remaining survivors of the pack had relocated over the years, of course, not too far from where Sophie lived. Now looking back at it, that must have been Hoppers plan all along. Right before Cillian met Sophie, he was transferred to a new military base here. Hoppers must have known his family was here. His plan was either to finish the destruction he started or to get more lycanthrope. However, Hoppers couldn't have guessed his mate lived so close by. That was God looking out for him, Cillian believed.

For the past few hours, Cillian has been catching his family up to date with everything that's happened in the past couple months. He still had his guard up and respectfully so. He didn't get into much detail about what happened prior to Sophie, and his family seemed to respect that. In fact, they wanted to help.

"So we have until April?" His father, Andrew, questioned.

"We?" Sophie wondered.

"No matter how long it's been, Cillian is still my boy. Now you're my daughter. We'd do anything to keep you safe." Angie said, earnestly. "You're both welcome to stay as long as you need. This is your home."

"It sounds like the safest place for you two to be is here." Andrew interjected. "We have less than four months until they return for you. We can figure this out. We can take them down."

"That's a lot to ask." Cillian mumbled, his head down as he absorbed all of this information.

A gentle laugh came from his mother, tears gathered in his eyes. "I don't think it is." She whispered. "I think it's the least we can do after letting you down."

His brows furrowed and his posture straightened. "I never blamed you." He gently corrected her.

"I did." Angie quietly admitted. "To see my little boy dragged away from me by the neck, and I couldn't do anything about it..." her breath hitched in her throat. "And then not being able to find him for decades, I just..."

Andrew draped an arm around his mate as he told his eldest son, "there will be hell to pay for what they did to you. We'll make sure of it."

Angie interjected with a hand over her husband's. "How about we have that conversation another day? As much as I want to spend the rest of the day with you to catch up, you two look exhausted. I'm sure you need to recover and rest."