4

" Clary are you sure about this? I mean the Angels DID punish you for creating runes—do we really want to irritate them further? " Alec and Jace reasoned trailing behind the determined ginger. Magnus, Simon, Raphael, Max lightwood bane, Rafael and Izzy following the trio to an open sun room. Magnus tugged his husband towards him when Clary stopped in the middle of the room making Jace stumble and Alec almost run into the two.
Clary turned to face Alec and Jace.

" This is different, at first I was just creating runes without any permission. This is different because I saw this unique rune in my dream after I deamed of a little girl that looked like Magnus! " Clary said in a rush taking out black and red paint.

Magnus and Alec tensed up and looked towards each other. Magnus could see tears in his husbands eyes and he clenched his jaw and gave Clary a stern look.

" You, you sure? Please don't tell me something like that without being completely sure!" Alec said in a panic running his hands through his black hair.

Clary hugged Alec tightly. " No—I promise this is what I saw, it was a little girl running through the woods with odd looking birds flying behind her. She was young looking, maybe 12 or 13. She had tanned skin like Magnus and dark hair and greenish yellow eyes, kinda like Magnus but a little more human like! ".

Magnus' magic sparked to life brighting up the already lit room before he kissed Alec and gestured for Clary to start painting the magical runes on the floor while he created the portal. Hopefully this would work and he'd get his baby girl back. Still Jace looked uneasy. Like Clary would be ripped away from him any minute.

Clary sighed and took her fiance's hands into hers.

" I've made dozens of Portals before, I'll be fine, we all will—I've got Magnus Lightwood-Bane, the literal creater of portals with me, this will work! Besides aren't exited to see you're niece again?" Clary reasoned, her green eyes shining in joy as she finished the floor painting. 

Jace still look worried, even though he's seen Clary make several portals over the years, it didn't stop the nagging feeling that something was gonna go wrong, but he caught the expression in Alec's eyes, it was of hope, and he knew he can take it away from him. It just wasn't right so he took a calming breath for Alec's sake.

Smiling, Clary took out her stele and pointed it to the green color wall, drawing her own portal rune asMagnus flung brightly red colored magic into the portal, connecting it to the painted runes on the ground immediately a odd colored portal opened up—it wasn't like their usual portals that we're red or purple or even blue, no this was odd tones of   silver, black, green, and orange... It was all over the place flickering wildly.

Everyone looked at each other, sharing glances of uncertainty, but Alec and Magnus were determined to get their daughter back—if the Angels were giving them a way, it was now the time to take it!

Since Clary made the portal, Clary went first, then Simon, Raphael, then Catarina, Madzie, followed by Jace and Izzy.

Alec gave his two boys a reassuring smile, " it's okay boys, we'll be okay, one at a time okay? " .

Rafael and Max grinned mischievously before pushing each other into he portal. Alec shook his head fondly as Magnus chuckled.

" Still immature as their uncle Jace! " Alec complained. Magnus gave his husband an amused look.

" Darling, didn't you and Jace get into a slapping fight over the last cookie just yesterday?? " Magnus piped up in a teasing tone. Alec huffed looking terribly offended.

" That motherfucker knew it was MY cookie! ' Alec said dramatically.

Magnus laughed. "Okay sweetness, whatever you say, shall we? " Magnus said clasping his hand into his husband's. Together they walked into the portal.