5

THE ARRIVAL:

When the portal opened and spat everyone out, they landed in an odd looking place, it was a futuristic looking movie room. Filled with a group of people. Clary frowned because she wasn't expecting this. I mean sure she expected to be brought in front of a cute little house or even a building, but definitely not a movie room! Clary glanced around the new room; it looked like a very luxurious cinema room with long leather lounge chairs and brightly colored long sofas. In the far corner were snack and drink stands. The ceiling was sets of tinted glass art. Clary, ever the artist had to take a minute to marvel at the beauty of it. They looked to be a mix of different animals running in nature with a setting or rising sun.

Jace groaned helping Alec up from the ground as Magnus waved magic over the older lightwood snapping Clary from her admiring. Clary wasn't sure if he was injured or if the portal just made him nauseous, but she felt guilty, she brought them here with her portal, maybe the boys were right....

" Who are you and how did you get here!?"

A young velvety voice startled her. Clary spun around to face the mystery voice and she nearly gasped loudly. The little girl in front of her looked like the child in her dreams. It was her! It had to be her! She looked slightly taller in person, but she had caramel colored skin, long satiny looking black hair, pretty Hazel Green eyes that definitely belonged to Alec, but she had thinner, catlike pupils—that was all Magnus and she looked about 13, she was on the thinner side but was definitely in her young teens. She had freckles splashed across her nose and under her eyes. That was new. Her eyebrows, like Alec were well defined and arched, though she could see a sharp line cutting through the girl's right eyebrow and she was pretty sure she caught the glimpse of blue, so Clary was sure the girl had braces. 

Without looking away from the girl just in case she disappeared she called out, " Uh, Alec, Magnus... Look! " . The girl raised an eyebrow looking from Clary to Alec and Magnus, who had strutted closer to Clary as she called out.

Magnus and Alec froze upon seeing the girl before them. They didn't dare breathe. Was this her?  Alec had tears in his eyes as he gazed upon his daughter. He knew it was her, he gave birth to her after all.
Magnus let his magic seep over the girl to confirm their suspicions, they wouldn't be able to handle it if this wasn't their Mentari. Magnus let out a gasp when his magic turned red indicating that this girl in front of them was in fact their daughter.
Magnus gave Alec a subtle nod—Alec let out a quiet sob.

They finally found her, and she was so beautiful.

Max and Rafael stood still next to their fathers. Max gazed down at his little sister with guilty tears in his eyes as Rafael seemed to zone out in shock.

" Hello everyone, everyone in this room is important to each other and in some way connected to Mentari! Years ago, Maxwell Lightwood-Bane accidentally sent Mentari through a magic portal and landed her almost 300 years into the future! you're here to watch what happens after that! Yes, magic is real, shocker I know but believe it"!
A voice echoing from the ceilings explained to everyone in the room. Finnick locked eyes with Mentari in understanding. He saw Mentari do some unexplainable things when she saved him in those tunnels. Of course, he never said anything, he'd take that secret to the grave if it protected her.

Haymitch stumbled around the room looking for a place to sit. He wasn't drunk but he wasn't sober either. He could still walk but was trying to stay semi sober for Mentari's sake.

Magnus and Alec shared looks. They had to tell her. Cat smiled reassuringly at her two boys, Madzie at her side giving her favorite Shadowhunter a thumbs up.

Mentari was deep into a conversation with Finnick, Johanna and Haymitch about the importance of blue cookies when Alec and Magnus cleared their throats. They held amused looks up in theirs faces but narrowed eyes as they glanced at Haymitch and Finnick with intimidating expressions.

" Hey, can we talk Mentari? "

Mentari frowned. She wasn't sure exactly why they wanted to talk to her, I mean it's not she knew them but then again after leading a rebellion everyone wants to talk to you. It probably had something to do with her being lost into a magical portal. 

Cautiously Mentari nodded.

Magnus kneeled down so they were somewhat the same height and pinned Mentari with a fatherly look in his familiar eyes, " well you heard what the mystery being said, yeah? "

Mentari frowned but nodded. It was still confusing to her but felt some relief that Marian Everdeen wasn't her real mother. Not like she ever did much mothering to her or Katniss for that matter.

" Well, we're your parents, your dads, we've spent years looking for you " Alec finished gently. He wasn't sure how'd she react but he hoped she wouldn't hate them for not being there. 

Mentari blanked back tears from her eyes. She refused to weep like a toddler in front of her newfound parents. Magnus leaped forward with such grace it startled Mentari and tugged the girl into his chest like a father would. Mentari tensed up at the sudden action; she had to take a deep breath and remind herself she wasn't being attacked. That this tall man wasn't trying to burry a knife in her chest. 

Mentari didn't want to admit it, but his chest was very soothing as were Alec's sounds of comfort and the scent of Mint, leather, pine and sandalwood radiating off of them.

" Want to sit with us? " Alec asked timidly pushing her hair out of her face. Mentari looked at her friends behind her, she knew they heard it all, and they seemed to smile encouragingly. Finally, Mentari smiled brightly, a smile Alec and Magnus noted was so similar to Magnus' own smile.

" Okay! ".