chapter forty three

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ chapter 43 ❱ ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which the boys experience a
'hangover' like situation as they
try to make it back in time for
chloe's birthday party.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

(if you're dry readers this chapter then i'm ending this fic and jelena's story on a cliffhanger💞)

this chapter is based on the movie 'the hangover' so if you haven't seen the movie before u might not get most references, but that's okay bc you don't need to have watched the hangover to understand this chapter!! it's purely just based on it xxx

3 months of work. 14020 words. appreciate me please.

            . ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

present day

"CMON, PICK UP. PICK up," jude mumbled quietly as he brought his phone up to his ear, anxiously biting on his lip. he let out a deep breath, his eyes widening in happiness when the phone was picked up.

"jude?!" elena shrieked loudly from the other end of the line, standing up from a chair and walking off to talk to him in a separate room. "where the fuck are you all? chloe's freaking out! her party starts in three hours!"

"yeah, uhm- about that," jude said, squinting his eyes lightly due to the harshness of the sun. "i... i don't think we're gonna make it."

elena stilled and widened her eyes, stopping herself from pacing up and down the room. "...what? jude? what are you talking about?"

"elena... we- uh... we fucked up!"

"jude, you're scaring me," elena said as she backed up against a wall, leaning against it and starting to run her fingers through her hair. "where are you? what's happened? are you all okay?"

"we lost rico!" jude rushed out and tightly closed his eyes, hearing her go silent on the other end. "and we don't know where he is! we're stuck in the middle of nowhere! no one even knows who were are! and i'm pretty sure trent's gave himself a criminal record!"

"WHAT-!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

. ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦ ✦

two days ago

"WHAT'S THIS TRIP FOR again?" elena questioned as she watched jude drag his bag down the stairs, passport in his hand. even though he had explained it to her fifty times, elena still didn't know. she didn't listen to her boyfriend whenever he waffled on, too focussed on his lips to pay attention to anything else.

"uh.. celebrating qualifying for the euros!" he said with a smile, opening up his arms for a hug. elena rolled her eyes, but nevertheless gave him a short hug as he grinned to himself.

"two days before chloe's birthday party?" elena raised her eyebrows, pulling away.

"lena it's only a night out in las vegas, we'll be fine and back the day before her party," jude rolled his eyes at her concern, placing a delicate kiss on her lips.