II

Shubman keeps up, but he's starting to falter with distraction. Ishan wants to smirk and feel smug, but he's starting to lose focus himself. Shubman runs hot - and at that moment, Ishan feels the urge to know if he perhaps runs hotter under his clothes.

Yeah, maybe he did have way too much to drink earlier, and yeah maybe the alcohol was the final cue to tip him off the edge. And before he could realise, he felt himself blurt out whatever was in his mind.

"You know, I've been thinking," Ishan said out loud, and not even before he could think of controlling himself, he continued speaking.

"Ever since you created that scandal on the stump mic about the whole shirt-sweat thing, I realized-" He paused, but the alcohol thrumming through his veins make him continue. "-that I maybe want to do it." He finishes, licking his lips and hopes that Shubman shrugs it off as a joke.

Shubman straightens himself and laughs, pulling Ishan's hand to his shirt. "You're always welcome, baby." Shubman replies back and blows a kiss to him with a wink.

Warmth instantly seeps through his stomach and his head starts spinning wildly, the alcohol was starting to take more control over his body and thoughts were running wild inside his head.

'Is he serious?'

'or is he joking?'

'is he serious?'

'or is he joking?'

Dumbass, of course he's jokin-

The thoughts that were wildly running around in his mind reach a halt when his eyes lay on the mischievous gleam in Shubman's eyes and then his dimples which simply, that Ishan thought, were not fair with the way they made his heart beat what he would possibly say a million times faster.

The little self-control he could think of was starting to slip out of his body as he found himself lost deeper and deeper into Shubman's eyes. He hated himself for wanting to kiss his fucking pretty smile and those stupidly adorable dimples of his.

An uncontrollable, wild sort of heat was starting to take place in his lower abdomen.

He should back off before things get awkward, but again, should he? He contemplated.

Everything was a joke to Shubman, but was this a joke to him?

'Probably not, right?'

He had desperately tried to stop thinking, tried to just stop talking and fleet immediately, but the previous words had automatically fallen out of his mouth before he could even comprehend his thoughts and think of controlling them and now, he had a drunk Shubman almost ready to kiss him. as a joke.

He thinks, vaguely, through his alcohol-addled mind, that kissing his guy best friend isn't really a normal thing to do and also probably not the best idea he's had till now. But the only thing he could do in the moment was wonder about how Shubman's lips would feel against his. If they would feel as soft as he he imagined quite a few times.

Some part of him still stays resistant of the idea. This could potentially ruin their friendship.

And he stops thinking completely, opting to rather act on impulse and lets his intrusive thoughts win because there was no way that he would be letting go of this the chance when he had dreamt of it for so long.

"Like, I mean we wouldn't be the first ones really, guys kiss eachother all the times, you know." The words continued spilling out of his mouth. "Specially always the famous ones, like us." He whispered the last part, giggling dazedly. Wow, he should really control his alcohol intake from next time, because the alcohol was controlling him.