Chapter 13: Amiras POV

I close the door as soon as he is outside.

I make sure to lock it door, and then I slide down and bring my knees to my chest.

I read the text over. And over. And over again.

Logan text me.

Logan said that he's coming.

He said that I look as sexy as ever.

I'm scared. No, terrified.

No one in town right now knows about Logan, as the only person who knows is out of the state at college. Lily is gone, so who do I have?

I know that I shouldn't have made Asher leave. He could protect me. I know that. It's just that I don't want him getting burdened with my problems.

Though Asher can defend himself, Logan is a dangerous guy. And 21 years old.

I have no idea who Logan is now. We haven't spoken since I threatened to press charges against him when I was 16.

That was a year ago. I was only a baby.

I realised as soon as Asher said something that he was getting too close. Way too close.

If Logan shows up and Asher is here, he is going to hurt him. Kill him, even.

Asher doesn't deserve to be involved in all of my shit. I have to make sure that he never meets Logan, never knows about Logan. I will have to make up something to ensure that he doesn't think anything of that text. Maybe I'll say that it was a wrong number.

If Logan shows up here, it's my problem. Not his.

He doesn't deserve to be burdened with my baggage when he only just got back. He barely knows me.

With this thought in mind, I don't answer my phone when Asher calls.

—————————

A/N
idk why this chapter is so short, just felt right to end it here. poor Amira :(

I'll get out the next chapter tonight!!
Next chapter teaser: Asher knows something is wrong when Amiras been ghosting him for a week.