43

TRIGGER WARNING: use of homophobic slur

Landon Reilly

"I think I'm a little bigger than you," I told Wren.

He was making me try on these Christmas pajamas his mom had bought for him because apparently she wanted to get me some to match the family. It felt a little strange doing something like this considering for my whole life Christmas was a drab holiday spent at church with my miserable parents. But I would at least try to be enthusiastic, especially since I wanted to make a better second impression on Wren's family than my first.

"I don't know. I think a tight clothes look is sexy," Wren replied with a shrug, his eyes roaming up and down my body.

I hated that I blushed at that. My face scrunched in anger and irritation, which only caused Wren to grin at me.

I turned to look at myself in the mirror and Wren's eyes landed on my ass as my back faced him.

"Maybe you do need a bigger size," Wren said, still staring. "I don't think either of us want all that showing in front of my parents."

I felt even more heat rise in my face.

"No shit!" I exclaimed.

Wren just refused to believe I was bigger than him. He was tall and lean with a small waist. I had a more athletic build. The only time I really fit in his clothes was when they were oversized on him.

He walked up beside me and smacked my ass with a wide grin on his face.

"No need to worry, darling, I'll tell my mother to size up," he said, trying his best to sound endearing but all he did was annoy me more.

"I look ridiculous."

Wren leaned down from behind me and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Imagine how much more ridiculous you'd look if you were the only one not wearing this on Christmas morning," he replied.

He was right, of course. He knew how much I didn't want to stand out. And he knew how much I wanted to make a better impression on his parents. If his mom wanted me wearing Christmas pajamas to match the family, then I would wear Christmas pajamas to match the family.

"You know, you've never taken me on a date," Wren said after a few moments.

I turned to face him with a confused expression on my face. He stood up to his full height, taking his chin off my shoulder.

"What do you mean? We've been... out," I replied, realizing we really hadn't been on any actual dates.

"Those don't count."

"Well, what do you mean I haven't taken you on a date? You haven't taken me on one either!"

"I suppose that's true," he said. He thought for a moment. "You could take me ice skating."

"You don't even like ice skating," I reminded him.

"But it would be a good date," he said. "You could hold my hands and pull me along."

I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to decide if he was being serious.

"You actually want to do that?"

Wren shrugged, but he didn't give me any other suggestions, so I assumed that was what he wanted. And now I had to plan some date to take him on when I had never planned a date in my life.

"Okay... we could go after dinner tonight?" I suggested, but it came out more like a question.

Tonight we were having dinner with the Hansons, and Wren would be meeting them for the first time. I was less nervous than I thought I would be. Wren was good at speaking to people, and he wasn't one to get nervous. I had no doubts that Anne and Matthew would like him.