flower 🌼

Austin had seen grace more in the past week than he thinks he ever has. He loves it. Although it's far too early to ask to move in together, he hopes someday that will be an option. Today is their four month "anniversary", he got dressed in a nice outfit, one he knew grace would love. A colorful hoodie and jeans with his dirty, white converse hightops. He stared at the necklace he bought grave before putting the box in his pocket and he laced up his shoes. Even though Austin thought it was silly to celebrate an anniversary before a year, it meant a lot to grace, so they celebrated.
    Sometimes he lays in bed and thinks about the day they met, how he hoped he wouldn't see her again but now he was about to drive half an hour to go sit in a field with flowers.
   His car slows to a stop as he parks for the time being. Grace jogs to his car, her keys and phone in her hands. "I'm so excited!" She smiles and her tone calms a bit "thank you for this." Austin takes note of the way her sweater sleeve is ripped. He puts it in the back of his mind, he knew it was her favorite- and only sweater. So a new one would make a great gift.
    "Your already thanking me and we aren't even there yet." He laughs lowly. "But, your welcome. Happy four month" he quickly kisses her cheek before pulling out of the dorm parking lot. "You hungry"  
    "No, but can we stop and get coffee? Even if it's a gas station" he nods his head, his free hand moving to hold hers. Even if it was a small gesture Grace appreciated it. She knew how scared and anxious Austin is of messing this up, so it took a lot for him to do somthing like that. The radio played the newest popular pop songs softly.
    Austin pulled into the local gas station. He knew they had a coffee machine. So as Grace gets her coffee, he grabs an energy drink. Grace offers to pay, but Austin does anyway. "Your total is $6.78" the old lady says, a tired smile on her face. He wonders if she is the only employee, or maybe even the owner. He thanks her and the couple grab their respective drinks.
    Grace sat in the passenger seat, smiling at nothing- well, not nothing. She thought about how her and austin are opposites. Her dark clothes, the black sweater and dark wash jeans, her black vans with small flowers on them. Compared to his, color block hoodie, light jeans and his converse. "What are you smiling about hm?"
    "You"
     "Me?" Grace hums a quite yes, Austin himself smiles. The two of them make it to the flower field. It is a busy tourist attraction. But if you walk far enough into the field. There is a few quiet places.
    "Y'know I love flowers"
    "I love my flower" Austin says without thinking. He was so close, to breaking the curse that he had almost forgotten about.
    "We did it"
    "We did what?"
    "We officially are cringe"
     "Okay look, it wasn't that bad- okay it's bad" they laugh at themselves. As they find a nice picnic table to sit down at. "I  know you said it's silly to get something for a  four month anniversary, but I found something. I didn't get it specifically for this. I got it because it reminds me of you" Grace nods as Austin pulls the box from his pocket. Grace nods as she opens the box, a small diamond pendant in the shape of a daisy laid perfectly on the velvet cushion in the box.
    "It's perfect. Thank you" she smiles and leans over the table to press a kiss to Austin's lips. His face turn red.
     "Well, uh, uhm your welcome" he stutters over his words his face going a brighter red.
    Hours later when Austin returns home, where previously her contact name had been "grace🦋" and he changes it. "Flower🌺" Maybe it was weird, be didn't really care. He liked it. Grace did too. Despite Austin almost breaking his curse. He was Clueless. The thing he is most scared of saying is the cure. Deep down maybe Austin knew. Maybe he was too scared to show his emotions. He sighs as he lays in bed, now changed and showered. He smiles at his ceiling reliving the day. The way Grace smiled when he gave her his gift. The small kiss she gave him. It all felt too perfect.