Hash Stash. 12

Erikas POV

"I still can't believe you pulled this off," Greta remarked as we sat in the dining hall eating dinner. "I keep waiting for one of them to tap me on the shoulder and tell me to return to the Kitchen full-time. For a man who doesn't want you, he is extremely generous. I suspect he most definitely wants you."

I ignored the comment; his silence told me another story. It had been three weeks since our conversation at the house. He had not come near me since. But then I blamed myself; it was one of my requests. I took in the Dining hall with new eyes, as a diner, not a worker in the Kitchen.

The hall was filled with golden light from flickering candles scattered around. The walls were lined with deep red tapestries. They depicted what I suspected was the pack's history—giving the space a regal and cozy atmosphere. Bodies pressed comfortably together filled the crowded hall. They were constantly shifting and moving through the space. The dim lighting of the venue created a warm and intimate atmosphere.

I could see various pack members scattered throughout the room. Some were chatting and laughing; others were sitting at tables having drinks. There were large groups, small groups, and even some sitting alone in booths.

It was another credit to the Bensons; the pack members lived well.

It was Saturday night. One of my requests to Carter was that the girls get every Sunday off and every second Saturday. Viktor had them working around the clock, without time to train or free days. Carter went one better and had them join Guy on his enforcer team, keeping an eye on what was happening in town. I hadn't fully fessed up their newfound freedom was Carter.

I asked for the freedom to move around the Estate and have an area to train away from the pack. We trained most mornings until lunch when the girls were not away with Guy.

I had requested to work in the Kitchen again, so I had something to do. He ignored it.

"So, are we all in for this Saturday, going to town? I need a day drinking at a rooftop bar. and an all-girls shopping spree." Monica looked across at me.

"He still hasn't approved that request," I said, not looking up from the best chicken curry I had ever eaten. "He is still finding a suitable 'chaperone'." Dinner was Indian night at the dining hall, and the food was divine.

They had a themed meal from around the world one Saturday a month, and it was always packed. The three of us huddled in our booth at the far end of the dining hall, offering the perfect view. We had trained for five hours today; we were all famished.

"A chaperone is fine; Niko can take us," Monica added. I noticed Niko was attentive when Monica was around; she seemed oblivious to his interest. Monica was one of those women aware of her beauty and sexy natural demeanour, but she never used it. It was refreshing.

At the entrance, there was a commotion with laughter and loud chattering. Some females entered the dining hall: Clara and two friends. To my surprise, one of those friends was Tia. Behind them walked Carter, Max and Aiden. How very cute, not! I looked away, focusing on my dinner.

"Tia has become quite the popular girl since Aiden's attention. Clara has taken her into her inner circle," Greta said quietly.

"Wasn't it three weeks ago you told me I was being hard on her, and she was on our team?" I mumbled.

"I may have jumped the gun, but to be fair, I don't think she knows whose team she is on. If we thought Lucy Walton was a piece of work, Miss Clara makes Lucy look like a baby. This one is a real bitch; she has everyone wrapped around her finger, even more so since Lucy's demise."