[𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄]

"𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 have a good time the other night, Liam can take a while to warm up to new people,” Mason apologises to me as soon as I walk through the school doors, backpack slung carelessly over my shoulder as I attempt to tame my hair from the ride on the back of Ethan’s bike here.

    “It’s fine, I gathered as much,” I tell him as we walk to my locker, “And I still had fun regardless.” He smiles before we part ways as Mason heads to his locker while I lean against my locker and pull out my phone to text Allison.

Little Sister ♥️

You better not skip today. You know they aren’t going to let you see Isaac and we have an English test today. Xx

Not even a minute later she replies.

Big Sister ♥️

I was already on my way but now that I know we have a test I think I might change my mind.

I roll my eyes and grin at her reply before putting my phone back into my bag and making my way to first period History. 

~~~

    “Any news on Stiles?” I ask as I meet up with Lydia after lunch, the worried strawberry blonde shaking her head in answer as we walk down the bustling hall of students making their way to class before the warning bell rings.

I eye Lydia as she suddenly freezes in her steps, her eyes wide. 

    “You okay?” I ask as I follow her line of sight curiously to see her Mother at the end of the hall talking to a familiar face. Peter Hale. What is he doing in school, let alone talking with Lydia’s mum?

He looks our way as he feels our stares, smirking before disappearing into the crowd of students. Lydia pushes through the crowd to make her way to her mum, me following after her.

    “Why were you talking to him?” she hisses, her eyes wide as she stares at her mum. 

    “Because he started talking to me. He’s from the health department,” Mrs. Martin answers with a roll of her eyes. Lydia crosses her arms.

    “Oh really? That’s what he said?” Lydia retorts sarcastically. Her mum nods. 

    “Yes, really. They’re scheduling hearing tests with the students.”

    “Hearing tests?” Lydia repeats, “he was talking about hearing?” I have a feeling this is one of Peter’s elaborate schemes to get something.

    “Yes, Hearing,” Mrs. Martin enunciates, “I’m guessing we should sign you up. He gave me his card.” Lydia snatches the piece of paper from her mum’s grasp, quickly glancing at the paper that just has a phone number on it.

    “Mum, this is a piece of paper with a phone number on it,” Lydia rolls her eyes. Her mum smiles.

    “I know, still got it.” I can see where Lydia gets her attitude from now. Her mum walks away from us while Lydia angrily crushes the piece of paper in her hand. 

    “We have to go to the loft and talk with him,” she tells me. I give her a look. 

    “Why? He’s psychotic!” I hiss at her. She nods slowly before looping her arm through mine, dragging me down the hall. 

    “That’s why we’re bringing Allison.”

~~~

We skip the rest of our classes to drive to Derek’s loft where Lydia says we’ll find Peter.