xx. "𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐚?" "𝐓𝐨𝐦?"

REAL LIFE!gina & tom

REAL LIFE!
gina & tom

THE CAR STOPPED. Outside, Gina could already hear the cheers of the people outside and the clicking of cameras.
Never in a million years (or bajillion, as Henry would've said it) would she have imagined that she would actually attend a real life movie premiere.
She put her phone in her bag and sighed.
No new message from Tom.

Once she stepped outside, she would be only a matter of a few steps away from meeting the mystery man.
Gina looked up and prayed that tonight would go like she thought it would. She'd meet Tom, they would sit next to each other in the theatre and the next day, they'd go on a date. Okay. Maybe she had watched a little too many rom-coms on her flight from Houston to Berlin, but oh well. At least she was happy.

Gina took a deep breath.

The door opened and she placed one foor on the ground, then the other.
Camera flashes blinded her vision and fr the first time since she could remember, she felt on top of the world. Those people out there were actually anticipating her arrival and wanted to talk to her about something she loved.

Gina put on a smile and finally left the car fully, after thanking her driver and the guy who had opened and hed the dooor for her.
As she set foot onto the red carpet, her mind went blank. Fuck, she thought, I'm not even media trained. I'm gonna fuck up so bad! The negative thoughts began to spiral. Gina's smile faltered a little bit as she posed in front of the backdrop.

To her rescue came her brain and she remembered the words her friend Rachel had told her last night. Just be yourself, you're awesome!
I am awesome, Gina repeated her words and straightened her back with newfound confidence.

"Gina! Over here!" An interviewer from ELLE yelled her way. The girl in question turned and headed straight towards the woman with the microphone.
"Hello," Gina greeted her with a wide smile. "Hi! I'm Janine Thomas from ELLE Magazine and Inwas wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions."
"Yes, of course! Go ahead," Gina replied.