xxxi. 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

REAL LIFE!gina

REAL LIFE!
gina

ONCE THE TEARS had rolled down Gina's cheeks due to seeing her name in the credits of her favorite movie franchise and the premiere was over, the cast left the cinema to head back to their hotels.
As if out of reflex and habit, Gina reached for Tom's hand who immediately intertwined their fingers. Her cheeks warmed.

Smiling, the pair headed into a big black car, that was supposed to drive them back to their hotel, with the other main cast memebers ─ Rachel, Josh and Hunter. The latter sat behind the front passenger seat, while Rachel and Josh decided to sit next to her, across the aisle. Behind them, Gina and Tom sat down. Obviously, the singer slid into the window seat. Tom didn't even mind, he just smiled at her action and then took his seat next to her.

The car started moving and the flashes of the paparazzi outside stopped.
Tom was just about to open his mouth when Rachel did so first.

“So,” she said, turning to look over her seat and at the duo behind her, “how about a karaoke party tonight? Josh and Hunter, and I obviously, are already in. What about you two?”
Tom watched as Gina turned her gaze away from the window and first looked at Rachel, then at him. Her eyes were piercing his and if Rachel hadn't cleared her throat, they would've most likely stared at each other for the rest of the ride. In silence. Just admiring.

“How do you feel?” The actor asked.
Gina shrugged. In truth, she was pretty exhausted and wanted to chill in her hotel room with Tom a bit, but maybe this was a good opportunity to finally hear Tom's interpretation of What does the fox say?. Gina wasn't stupid. She could also very clearly see the sparkle in his eyes, unintentionally begging her to say yes.
She smiled at him. “I'm up to it if you are.”
Tom nodded eagerly. “Yes!”
He turned to Rachel. “We're in!”
“Perfect! We'll meet at 8 in the lobby and then we can drive to Kiki's Karaoke it's awesome there,” Rachel explained enthusiastically. Gina grinned at her. This would be fun.

✭✭✭

THE CAR STOPPED and off they went into their respective rooms. Josh and Rachel obviously shared one. Hunter was down the hall on the right, on her own. Meanwhile, Tom and Gina were one floor up. Their rooms were across from each other, which led to them having quite an awkward goodbye. Neither knew who should leave first.
In the end, it was Gina.