𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 10: 𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝐵𝒾𝓇𝒹𝒾𝑒

Raven finishes gutting out the groosling she finds just a few feet into the forest. She makes a quick journey back to the sand of the beach, and makes a fireplace underneath the rocky area, so the smoke won't be detectable. She has not heard any cannons for the last two hours, but she hopes the fight she had with Josie is enough to hold the Capitol over for a while. 

       She cooks the groosling, and puts a major part of it in the ziploc bag, and eats the other part of it that's cooked. It is extremely greasy and delicious. She's never had such exquisite meat back at home. She ravishes the meat, enjoying every last scrap of it. She washes it down with water and a few more blackberries. She knows the groosling meat won't last long in ziploc bags in the warm environment of her bag, and decides she'll have the rest for dinner. 

      "With just eight tributes left, interviews are now being conducted with the family! Make sure you tune into that when they air at around 8 PM tonight," Cladius reminds. "Ronan seems to be approaching a stray Poseidon from District 4 right about now. Poseidon, it seems, is looking for some resting place for the night, and Ronan is about to have an unfortunate encounter with him." 

      "We all know Ronan got a nine during training, although the circumstances of how are unknown. He hasn't been able to get a weapon just yet, so until then, that will remain a mystery," Caesar sadly admits.  

       The gamemakers seem to realize a fight between Poseidon and an unarmed Ronan won't be that interesting, and decide to add some spice to it. 

      Something is changing in the arena. It is a sunny afternoon, but clouds suddenly move in with great speed. The sky becomes a pale blue and filled with clouds. She hears the caws of ravens and looks up, seeing them fly in circles. The caws become more and more mutated, and no longer sound like the species they are. Raven grabs all her stuff and quickly puts all the knives in her belt, and keeps her ax out, thinking it will inflict more damage than the knives. These knives aren't the best kind anyways. 

      She holds out her ax defensively and stands back, preparing for the incoming attack. It's not even a second later that the birds come after her and charge for her already cut arms. She swings the ax, managing to evade the first attack. However, in just a few moments, more come, making the terrible croaking sound that is so un-raven like. She screeches in pain when the beaks of the ravens pick at her cuts. They open their beaks and scream hauntingly. The beaks had scary looking teeth in them. Mutts. 

       Fighting through the stinging of her arms, she manages to kill and scare an incoming flock of ravens. "Screw it," she yells out, taking the knives out of her belt, holding two in each hand. She twirls them in her hands before striking for the four about to attack her, hitting them each square in their eyes. She smiles and begins running towards the rest of the ravens, becoming the offender rather than the defendant. She swiftly takes the ax out of her belt and throws it at them, causing them to squeal in such a human-like way. Her eyes widen when she sees a huge flock incoming. She scrambles to grab the four knives she threw and the ax, before running back into the forest environment of the island. It's after five minutes of running at her top speed and ignoring the nicks from their likely infected beaks that they stop chasing her. 

       Before much else can happen, she takes the water from her bottle and cleans her two arms aggressively, wanting to prevent infection. Her nicks hurt, but there isn't any blood. She sits down and takes a deep breath. Her pack doesn't contain any alcohol, otherwise she knows water can only clean so much. 

        As if the sponsors are reading her mind, it immediately comes in a parachute. She laughs lightly, grabbing the parachute and hastily opening its contents. Rubbing alcohol, cleaning pads and gauze. She smiles and looks up. "Thank you," she softly appreciates. Soaking the cotton pad with rubbing alcohol, she bites her lip when she cleans her wounds, feeling the sting. She wraps the gauze around both her arms and ties it up, and moves her sleeves back down. That's enough ravens for a lifetime. Her few moments of peace are over, and she stands up, knowing she can't stay in one place for much longer.