𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 20: 𝒦𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝑜 𝒮𝓊𝓇𝓋𝒾𝓋𝑒

It's only 7:00 PM, but already it is extremely dark. Raven is exhausted from thinking. Her little mind has been thinking about the people whose last breath will be taken looking at the eyes of a former victor- no more than a slave of the Capitol.  

        Raven snatches her backpack from the floor, flinging onto her lap, zipping it open. She takes out a pair of gloves, and her blades that are in a beautiful assortment on the inside of her jacket. With a quick motion, she's on her feet and on the dark streets of District 4. 

        There is not a soul in sight. She stays in the shadows, avoiding any peacekeepers she doesn't want to encounter. She conceals all the thoughts that are screaming at her to stop and turn back around. But her selfishness keeps her going forward to kill the innocent civilians. 

        After about a three minute walk, their house enters her view. It is a one story house, with orange lights inside. She can see the shadows of the man and woman inside, putting down plates and clearly happy with each other's presence. She sucks in whatever may hold her back, and gets out one of her most dainty, delicate knives. It's a pretty one, not useful for much other than picking around small places. 

        Raven quickly rushes to the back door, which is unsurprisingly, locked. She grabs the knife, slowly bringing it to the lock, and slowly but surely- opens it with the least amount of noise possible. The door slightly creaks open, but being on the opposite side of the house, the two people are unaware. She sinks down to her knees, taking a few deep breaths, as she remembers why she is doing this, and who she is doing this for. She allows herself to understand what she is losing for herself. She opens her eyes, taking another a bigger knife this time, and tip-toeing inside the house. 

        Raven glances around, quickly taking a hiding place behind a wall that conceals her small body and shadow. The man and woman can't be older than 25 years old. They both have toned arms, and ginger hair with blue eyes. They seem so... happy and carefree. Suddenly, she worries if she will even get out of this situation alive, considering the physical state of these two adults compared to a thirteen year old girl. 

        Take one of them out first. 

        With a shuddering deep breath, her grip tightens on one of the knives, holding it across her body, preparing to release it. She takes another breath, before revealing herself, flinging the knife into the man's heart, killing him on impact. The woman screams, staring at the thirteen year old girl in shock. "You?" She shrieks in disbelief, stepping backwards for a kitchen knife. She holds it out in a defensive position, as Raven prepares another one of her knives. 

        In a fit of rage, the woman lunges forward with the knife, cleverly maneuvering Raven, giving her cuts on her waist and stomach. Raven deflects the attacks as much as possible, clanging her knife against the woman's, wincing at the sound it makes each time. She lifts her leg, pushing the woman back into the wall behind her, as Raven grabs one of the glasses from the table, throwing it at her head. Raven ducks when the next attack comes, adrenaline pumping through her veins as she hears the woman's pained scream. "I'm sorry-" she yells out, as she narrowly dodges the woman's swing by dropping onto her knees, slicing her knee. 

        Her knee gives out, but she uses the fact they are both on their knees to stab the knife in Raven's shoulder. Raven screams as the knife is pierced deeper in her shoulder. She groans as she pushes her knee against the stronger District 4 counterpart. Using a final bit of energy, she manages to create enough space between them to stab her waist. Raven and the victim stumble back, both extremely weakened from their wounds. "What are you doing?" The woman cries out. "We are your allies!" 

        Raven almost cries, and her voice breaks out as she says: "Snow is making me do it. He'll kill my brother if I don't." 

        The woman's face breaks into pity for a moment, before remembering the influence Snow has on people, and pouncing on her with the knife once again. Raven rolls away just in time, knocking down the chair in front of her to slow her down. She jumps up onto her feet, this time grabbing a plate and smashing it on the ginger's head. 

        She hisses at the pain, throwing the knife in her hand, hitting Raven's ribcage. It may have hit her heart had she not had the reflexes to move out of the way. Raven groans in pain, holding the knife in. Raven launches the knife in her hand, hitting her shoulder. With quick agility, she grabs another, managing to get her stomach. 

        The woman, who is weakened from her injuries and from the death of her friend, falls onto her knees, holding onto her stomach. "I understand your nickname now," she says in a daze. "You're clever. You bested me," she chokes out in her own blood. "I'm sorry you have to be a pawn in his game, darling," she says, stroking Raven's hair as she gets close for the final kill. Before Raven has time to react, the woman grabs a large glass shard from the floor and stabs it into her own chest, dropping dead next to the blood of her partner. 

        Raven screams in genuine shock, rebounding back as she watches the blood of the two adults mixing together. They died in the most humiliating way, and it was done by her hands. She realizes the woman was holding back, having enough dignity not to kill the younger child who was forced into a bad situation. 

        Four cannons boom: One for the man, one for the woman. One for her sanity, one for her humanity.