🌙🌙FAQ🌙🌙

Below you will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions, or just things we wanted to clarify in a section outside of the information section.

P.S. If you're looking for the password, be sure to read all of this.

---Are you open to new members?

I never will understand why people ask this one. Yes! We are always open to new members :D Just remember we do not accept Random stories or ones written in a language other than English.

---What are outlines and inlines?

Outlines are comments done outside of the story. As in at the bottom of the chapter or the space where you open up all of the comments to be scrolled through. That is where you put your overall comment that is mandatory for this club.

Inlines are comments done inside of the story. You can see numbers beside each paragraph, and if there isn't already one at a specific paragraph, holding down on a word will allow you to highlight a section of the paragraph or the entire paragraph and open up a spot for you to comment beside it. On mobile, that is. On desktop, you just move your mouse slightly ajar from the paragraph on the right and it will pop up an icon for you to click to see the inline section.

---Do we leave comments on every chapter we read?

Yes. You will need to do 5+ inlines OR a 5+ sentence outline on every chapter you read.

---Do I have to leave a tag at the top of my comment?

It is not required, but it does help your admins find your comments and it advertises the club. You can use any tag you want as long as it points back to this club. Could always use something like #dlr.

---Do I have to vote on chapters that I read?

No, you do not. Voting should only be if you enjoy it!

---What if a featured book has content I am uncomfortable with?

Keep in mind -- you only have to read the first chapter of the book. If, however, you are extremely uncomfortable with the content, we have helpful ways around.  You are able to skip the New or Undiscovered book (just don't abuse this).  For pairings and BotW, you can PM us, and we will try to work something out.

---I see you have other clubs on your profile and I'm not sure I want to join this one or another. How can I decide?

Each book club has a page called Information that explains what the club is about. You can check those to see which club works best for you if you aren't sure this one does or just want to join more than one. But if you want an in-depth description of each and an extensive pros and cons list all in one place, look at the Dreamland Community book's chapter Book Club Guide.

---I got a PM about receiving 4X. What does this mean?

When we calculate strike, in our sheets we put 4X. This means that the user must go 4 more updates before their strike goes away. We will walk you through the type of instances you may see:

4X: you must go 4 updates (ex: Dream 41B, Dream 42A, Dream 42B, Dream 43A) before the strike goes away

2X4X: you must get rid of the newest strike (the 4X) before the other strikes will start going away again.

X: this strike only has a single assignment before it goes away

Notes: If you get a strike for Golden Dreamer, the same Dream updates that day doesn't count toward your assignment requirements. Things such as extensions and hiatuses can slow down the fading of your strike.

---What timezone does this go by?

I've answered this but people still seem to forget, and this is so important I actually am deeming it worth repeating. We go by EST. This is the eastern part of the US. New York time if that helps. We have five hours behind England, so GMT -5. Also, if you are looking for the p a s s w o r d, it is to put the name of your main character.  If you have more than one, choice one of them.  Just be sure they're featured in your summary so we can make sure you did it right ;) 

---Man, my partner hasn't done their work yet. Should I not do my assignment?

I won't lie—a lot of people wait until last minute. Others are just busy and cannot get to it until near the end. No matter what, though, you can only control one person in the partnership, and that is you. You do your part to the best of your ability. If they do not, we will handle their punishment. We understand it sucks when you do the work for nothing in return, but know this person cannot get another pairing until they finish their work for you. So, either they do it, or they never return.

---I would like to change my book in the club. What do I do?

You will fill in a form once more!

---I have been put with a Reader Only. What do I do?

Simple: enjoy a free week. You will get a partner next week, and this week, the Reader Only will read for you. Awesome, right?

---What counts as a chapter?

Any part with actual, substantial story content. Prologues do, but if they're, like, 300 words, I suggest not counting it because you're 100% bull crapping to get yourself to the line limit, and we will see it and it will not help your Golden Dreamer chances. Summaries, Author Notes, Character Bios, all that extra stuff--they are not chapters. They do not count.

---What is the discord, and what benefits do I get joining?

Discord is a free app/website where you can make an account as long as you have an email. Imagine a group chat in PMs/messenger where you had different channels for different subjects and you pretty much get discord. The main benefit is getting a community of kind people who will be quick to be your friends and help you grow however you can. Also... Your head admin (me, Cross) answers way faster on Discord... Sorry?

---What makes a good comment/commenter?

Okay, I saved this one for last because it's going to take the longest.

For the New and Undiscovered books, we stress you remember they did not ask for this.  We have tips on things you can point out that are good below.

For your pairing and BotW, good commenter explains the good things that someone did in a chapter. A good commenter points out the bad and offers constructive ways to fix the errors. This is a more relaxed club, but you are a Dreamer trying to help another Dreamer reach the best of their abilities. This doesn't mean you cannot enjoy the story by any means. In fact, we encourage it, and letting the writer know what you enjoyed and why is essential. But if you see a weakness in the writing and think you can suggest a way to fix it, do it.

Here is some simple guidelines that we supply people with what to look for and think about when writing their comments.

How did you feel about the characters?

What did you think about the plot progression?

Was there any specific moment in the chapter that really stuck out to you?

What is something the author could have perhaps done better? (again, try to keep this to pairings and BotW)

How did the chapter make you feel?

Just general, overall things. We do highly recommend putting specific fixes into inlines (grammar mistakes/typos are probably better not in the outlines).

But overall, as long as your main thought in the comment is that you want to benefit the writer, you're being a good commenter. There are just some things that make someone superb at it, and it does take a while to learn how to do that.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Did we miss anything? Is there something else you think need to be answered? Then let us know down below!