9.5 SUPER IMPORTANT (I made a mistake!)

okay so I was rereading a few of the chapters and holy shit?? I just realized that in the last chapter I uploaded ("a sweet gesture") HALF OF IT IS MISSING.

Originally the chapter was 3000+ words and I just looked back at it and saw that it's only 1600. I'm literally losing my mind

my heart is in my stomach! I can't believe that I deleted half of the chapter and didn't even realize. I'm usually good about going back and rereading my work before uploading—so I really have no idea what even happened.

I'll go back and edit it as soon as I can! Not sure when that'll be though, because currently im working on the two next chapters right now.

I'll give the rundown on what was missing in the chapter though:

(Y/N) (who is 5 in the chapter) had a mental breakdown because Ego didn't get any gifts for Christmas, because he was "naughty". In return, she ran upstairs and made him a gift herself.

Ego, who had waited for her to come down on her own, panicked when she never did. So, when he went upstairs to check on her, he was surprised to find her asleep at her desk.

When he picked her up and carried her to bed, he saw that she had cried herself to sleep. Kissing her on the forehead, he returned to the desk and found a homemade card from (Y/N) that read "merry crismas"

Inside the card was a sloppy, but adorable, drawing of him and her with a little bubble above them saying "I love you daddy!"

Beside the card was a little box with a ring inside (it was one of (Y/N)'s rings) that barely fit on egos pinky finger.

Later on in the chapter, there's a time skip to the present where ego is seen watching footage of the gameplay from the first selection. In this scene, he seems to be fidgeting with a necklace that has a ring attached to it.

Anri then comes in with coffee and tea for ego, finding him messing with the said piece of jewelry.

Questioning him on what it was, he simply replied with "this was a sweet gesture from someone dear to me long ago."

guys again im so sorry for this mishap! Y'all must have been so confused when the chapter ended so abruptly. Again, I'll fix it when I can! For the time being, have a good one and the next chapter will be out VERY SOON!