Chapter Nove

Alissa

As I walk down the bedroom corridor the pain and memories are still fresh and heading to the surface but I know better I push it all down and lock it, throwing away the key. As I approach my door I notice nothing has changed on the outside, my name still displayed above the door in cursive pink letters and the same golden doorknob which I always loved.I twist the knob until I hear the click pushing it open.

Everything is the same.

The same pink design is everywhere with unicorns and rainbows all over the walls, I internally gag at the sight though I do see they have done renovations making the room 2 stories with extra closet and bathroom space with a King size bed in the middle of the room with pink bed sheets and a vanity and study desk side by side that is all pink.

I turn around, close the door and head to one of the guest rooms. Staying in that room would actually make me physically sick. I hate pink, always have even when I was little but because Mia had her room pink Mia, Amelia and Adrian forced me to have it as well because Mia wanted us to match and whatever the princess wants she gets.

As I enter the bedroom it has a walk-in closet leading to the fully equipped ensuite bathroom, this room is all white with accents of black, grey and gold which is a major upgrade from the other room. I unpack my weapons and hid them throughout the room for easy access.

The time is 8:34 now but I don't care. I make my way down the stairs towards the kitchen where there are multiple voices and sounds of laughs which I can identify easily as belonging to Carlo Nievo. I push open the doors and watch as everyone's eyes turn to me and silence spills over the room. The only sound is Adrian clearing his throat to get everyone's attention. Then the most annoying sound is made.

"WHY IS SHE HERE DADDY?!"

I turn towards the source of the noise to be met by Mia starting between me and Adrian. He lets out a sigh before answering, guessing he didn't tell his princess the big bad villain is coming back into her kingdom.

"Alissa is coming back to live with us..."

"WHY?! AFTER WHAT SHE DID TO ME, WHY WOULD YOU LET HER COME BACK HERE?!"

I block out the hyenas' cries as I walk to the end of the table where there are 2 spaces one next to Carlo and the other with the seat in-between Adrian and Mia, which I sit in putting a seat distance between me then them. The food is already served so I just sit back in my chair not lifting my gaze from my plate until I hear my name.

"I trust you are settled into your room Alissa?"

"No"

I keep my answer short and easy.

"what do you mean no?"

that's a problem if he doesn't know what no means cause he's is going to hear it a lot.

"I mean no"

"why?"

"I'm moving into the guest room"

"Why?"

"because the other room looks like my little pony and a rainbow had a baby"

" You could have asked instead of being a brat and it would have been changed."

Luco speaks up, making my gaze shift to him. I narrow my eyes and examine him. He's is taller and has sleeves of tattoos covering his arms and up his neck, with an Fuck off before I shoot you look on his face but I have never backed down because a spoilt brat thinks he's better then me.

" No thank you, I'd rather not stay in that room at all than have to speak to a bunch of little bitches."

" Well you know your sister helped with the room, you should show some gratitude to her since she had your best interest at heart when doing it even after everything you have done."

Adrian speaks up causing my blood to boil. Are they all really that blind? Mia sits with a smug look in her eyes and a fake sad look on her face. I thought you had to be smart to be a part of a mafia but clearly not if everyone here is part of it and still doesn't know how Mia is playing them.

I stood up and walked away back to the guest room where I stayed for the rest of the night, I wasn't hungry anyways.