𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

✭✼✭

✭✼✭

KLAUS WAS LAID IN BED, Grace in his arms as she slept, her head resting on his chest. He was just running his hands through her hair as she slept. A sigh leaves his lips as he looks at her. He was grateful she was alive, he was glad she chose to stay that way. But he felt guilty because she never wanted this. And she was supposed to live a long life as a human. He was supposed to protect her but he didn't.

"Why are you just watching me sleep?" He hears from besidehim. Looking back at Grace, Klaus sees that his eyes are now on her. Klaus just smiles down at her.

"Well, you're awake so technically I'm not." He points out. Grace rolls her eyes a bit, laughing under her breath. But she could feel the tension, she knew something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" Grace asks him.

"I'm fine, love," Klaus admits, putting on a smile. Grace saw right through it though, sitting up a little bit.

"No, you're not." Grace denies, a frown forming as she places her hand on his arm. Klaus sighs, not wanting to worry her at all.

"It's nothing, I promise." He assures her. Grace hated being left out though, especially since people were now walking on eggshells around her.

"Nik."She says softly, biting the inside of her cheek. "You know you can talk to me. Especially if this is bothering you." Grace tells him. Klaus just lifts his hand to her cheek, stroking it.

"You're alive. That's all I care about." Klaus admits. Grace decided not to push the subject too much. So she nods her head.

"Okay."

"Hanna has been trying to find Dylan," Klaus tells her, deciding to speak up about it. Paul had told him that Hanna was trying to find Dylan on her own. Obviously, he was worried because he didn't want his daughter to get hurt.

"She shouldn't." Grace knew Hanna just wanted to help but going at it alone wasn't going to get anywhere. It would just open up Dylan to a new person that he can attack.

"I know, I tried to tell her," Klaus admits, knowing Grace wouldn't want her doing it.

"I get she wants to help, but Dylan is dangerous." It didn't matter if she was a werewolf now, that didn't mean anything unless on a full moon.

"He won't be for long." Klaus denies. He wasn't going to let this man roam around after what he did. Grace looks over at him.

"Nik, if you're gonna torture him, at least let me see." Grace teased, knowing it was bound to happen. Klaus smirks as he gazes at the woman.