𝟑.𝟏𝟔 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝘼𝙣𝙮

season 3, episode 16

✦✧✦✧

Sophie tucked her legs under her as she curled up on the Montgomery couch next to Aria. Steam floated from the teapot as Emily poured the liquid into a cup, holding it up to her nose and sniffed it.

"What is this?" Emily asked, lips curling up in disgust.

"Some kind of herb-thing" Aria sniffled, "it's Meredith's cure-all recipe"

The lights in the house had been dimmed to try and ease the pounding behind Aria's eyes. The poor girl was sick with some sort of flu, curled up underneath a thick red blanket on the couch.

"I don't think it's working" Spencer commented, "you look terrible"

"Thank you" Aria hummed weakly, "I couldn't have picked a worse time to get ill"

"Have you heard from your dad?" Spencer asked.

"He left a message, but I haven't talked to him since he left for his conference" Aria replied.

"Hey" Hanna said, walking into the house, a large bag hitched up onto her shoulder, "how's the patient?"

"Not great" Emily answered for her.

"Well, I brought over everything that helps when I'm sick" Hanna declared, sitting down and placing the bag on her lap as she started rooting inside the white tote – pulling out a variety of different items, "trash, ginger ale and three seasons of 'Saved by the Bell'"

"Thanks Han" Aria smiled.

"Are you sure you wanna stay here by yourself?" Spencer asked.

"Guys I'm fine" Aria assured.

"You don't look fine" Emily said bluntly.

"So I've heard" Aria muttered.

"You sure you don't want us to drive you to your mom's?" Sophie asked.

"No" Aria denied, "it's her week with Mike so the guest room's already taken and besides, I promised Meredith that I wouldn't tell her about Ali's diary until we talked to my dad. So, if I just stay away from her, it's easier to keep that secret"

"I can't believe we're trusting Meredith" Hanna snorted.

"I think she's really just as devastated as I am" Aria admitted.

"You're not giving her the pages, right?" Sophie asked.

"No" Aria shook her head, "they're hidden in a safe place and they'll stay there till my dad gets home. Then we'll give him the chance to tell us the truth"

"And if he doesn't?"

"I don't want to believe that my dad could've hurt Ali" Aria sighed, "but if he did do it then that's a secret that I can't keep"