Chapter 33 - Yes

I sat beside Lilith, clutching her hand tightly, waiting for her to wake up

Suddenly, she gasped, her eyes snapping open. "Nico, I—" Tears were rolling down her cheeks. I pulled her into a tight hug, calming her down gently," It's okay, I got you baby," I whispered to her.

"I'm sorry," She whispered.

"I forgive you, baby. I'm just glad you're okay," I assured her, placing her onto the bed.

"I'm sorry for forgetting you, Nico," she uttered, and I froze.

Forgetting me?
Does that mean-?

"Shh, It's okay. We'll talk later," I said, and she nodded, clutching my shirt in her hands as she drifted back to sleep.

***

"Hey," Lilith whispered.

"Hey baby," I whispered back, my voice gentle, not wanting to upset her.

Lilith looked up at me, her eyes looking into mine, "Are you okay?" I asked, keeping my tone soft, letting her know that I was there for her.

I gently squeezed her hand. She shook her head, and with a shrug, "No, not really," She admitted.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked, giving her the space to open up.

"Yeah," she responded.

"What do you remember," I ask.

"I remember you. You were my best friend. Why didn't you tell me? Did you know?" She asked a lot of questions.

I took a deep breath, "Lilith, I wanted to tell you, but... I didn't want to overwhelm you. And yes, I knew," I confessed, my eyes not leaving hers.

Her expression shifted to hurt.

"Lili, I wasn't sure how you'd react. And you didn't even remember me. But I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere," I reassured her.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she whispered, "I thought I lost everyone. I didn't know I had someone like you."

Gently wiping away a tear, I responded, "You're not alone, freckles. I'll be here for you, no matter what."

"You promise?" she asked, holding her pinky out.

I chuckled as I wrapped mine around hers. "I promise."

"Do you remember our first kiss?" I asked, teasing her.

She blushed," Yeah, I remember," Her lips formed into a delighted smile. "Wait, didn't you say you'd marry me before our first kiss?"

It was my turn to blush, "Well, yeah, I might have slipped that in there," I mumbled, rubbing my hand on my neck.

Her playful expression shifted to a mock-serious one. "You promised me a ring and a marriage, and so far, you have done none. Are you the person who breaks your promise, Nico?"

"I'll marry you anytime, anywhere," I declared.

"Oh really?" She questioned me and I nodded.

Her eyes gleamed with mischief as she continued, "What if I want to get married now?"

I blinked, "Now? Like, this instant?"

Lilith grinned," Why not? You said 'anytime, anywhere," She mocked me.

"Ah, alright then," I said as I scooped her up off the bed in a bridal style, and her eyes widened with surprise. "Nico, I was joking."

"I wasn't. Let's get married," I declared, and she shook her head.

"You barely know me."

"I know enough."

"I have a daughter."

"She's mine too."

"Wait, what—let's come back to that later."

"I'm wearing a sweatshirt, I can't get married in that." 

"You look gorgeous."

I gently placed her on a chair in my office. I opened a drawer and pulled out a ring. Getting down on one knee, I held out the ring out.

"Marry me, Lili," I proposed.

"I—" she stammered.

"Lil, I've loved you before I knew what love was," I began, "It was this warm feeling inside me that never went away when I was with you. You are the missing piece that I've been waiting for to complete a puzzle that I didn't know existed. So, Lilith Ferrari, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

"Yes," she whispered, her eyes shining with happiness.

"Yes, I'll marry you. A thousand times yes," Lilith exclaimed, flinging her arms around me.

I smiled.

This was home.

-------------------------------------------------------------

OMGG THAT WAS SO SWEET.

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE....MY FINALS R COMING UP AND I BARELY HAVE TIME

🖤💋