02| Plan

Adhira's POV (Edited)

Hearing those words from my maa was like.....like breaking all over again.

This overwhelming numbness covered my thoughts but soon there was another emotion that made my brain blare code red.....panic.

I took off from school towards my maa who was a crying mess but there was no time to cry. I steadied her up and we started looking for her. Usually she stays in the car while my mom drops my lunch at the security desk, right outside the school building but today she ran off somewhere.

'Aradhya is okay! Relax, you will find her' but nothing was helping until the call which made me breath a little that my girl is in somewhat safe hands and also made me breathless.....

That voice was so cold yet so warm? Does that make sense? It was definitely deep and sounded so strong....

I think I have to go for my yearly check up....

As soon as the 'Jerk' sent his address, I drove off, leaving my maa at our home which took a lot of convincing. I typed the address on Google maps for directions and reached a secluded area which definitely didn't give me any chills.

'like who stays in the outskirts of the city?'

But soon I noticed a huge mansion.....no a mahel should be more appropriate for this structure cause it was massive. And my location was that mansion. How did she land up here out of all places?

I studied here till class three but then because of my Papa's transfer we shifted to Delhi which wasn't as far from Jaipur. I decided to shift back six months ago and honestly that was the best decision I ever made. This place feels more like home and I don't have to go through humiliation or downgrading.

As soon as I approached the gate, they opened as if the security already knew about my arrival.....who am I kidding, of course they know.

I parked my car in a random direction and headed towards the main entrance, where two scary looking guards were stationed.

They looked at me and the one on the left side nodded to follow him somewhere. I should have given my address to papa but now it was too late....if I die, well I'll die.

My mouth figuratively hanged open with the interior of this place. This place was huge.

It had this hug windows on the side wall along with windows in the roof to give a peak of weather perhaps? But the natural light it gave made the place look more alive as it contrasted the dark brown colour of the house. Then from the roof hanged this beautiful chandelier that just reflected the sunlight giving it a mirror effect that was just the cherry on top.

After analysing and not at all drooling over the place, I looked towards the green couch in which a woman was sitting and ordering two maids about some birthday preperation. I decided to go near her and talk to her regarding Aradhya.

"Hello aunty" I said in a slow voice which made the maids eyes look like saucers and the guards tense.

Did I say something wrong? She is in the same age range as my mother....

I thought of continuing even though the woman who was looking too.....royal, were looking at me as if I was a fascinating thing to look at.

"Woh meri beti yaha hai.....Aradhya Awasthi? Main uski mumma hu. Actually I got a call from some guy telling me regarding my daughter" I said while fidgeting because of the reactions of the maids and guards.

"Ohhh....give me one minute.... I'll call them here" one of the two women said and dashed somewhere to fetch Aradhya.

"Come sit here beta" the women wore a small gold pendant along with a beautiful minimal saree and reaked powerful. She just had this soothing aura around her.....just like my maa. I don't know when my legs carry me towards her and I settle down beside her.

"My daughter was with my mother and she somewhat ran away while I was working, thank you so much for looking after her" I said with tears in my eyes, but I didn't let them fall.....I can't.

"Samjhti hu......your daughter is very cute and you don't need to thank me beta" I smiled at her but then I heard my baby's voice "Mummaaaa"

There she was, running towards me with tears in her eyes and her face beaming at the sight of me. I stood up and ran straight towards her, engulfing her in a big hug.

"Kaha thi aap? Pata hai main kitna dar gayi thi Arru? Abse Aisa mat karna please. I felt like dying mera baccha" I said and hugged her again and stood up with her in my arms and looked at a young boy peering at me through his lashes, I sucked in a breath by looking at the familiar place.

"Ayaan?"

Author's POV

Both Adhira and Ayaan were confused to see each other and why wouldn't they be confused? They were the last people that they expected to see.

Adhira and Ayaan have bonded well together in just a month. Ayaan being the shy, quiet kid reminds her of her own younger self. Though she had a perfect family and life anyone can ask for, she was always the one that would much rather read story books or sing in front of her parents.

It's so strange how this kid has made such an impression on her. It is as if they had some kind of special connection that bonded them together. Both of them loved spending time doing activities or just talking about each other through it wasn't much.....it meant the world to Ayaan.

She smiled and hugged the little guy to her chest. This boy unknowingly saved her entire world and she was so grateful about it.

"Mumma, Ayaan bhai helped me today when I was crying and we bake cake !" She kissed Ayaan's cheek and forehead "Thank you so much mera baccha, I love you" the kid blushed and mumbled a quick I love you too which shocked Sneha, who just came back from her room.

She stood up and looked towards the same women while grabbing Aradhya's small hand. "No thank you will ever be enough for what you have done for me today....how will I ever repay this" Ishita came in front and hugged Adhira as no one can understand the pain of  loosing a child even for a split second better than her.

"It's my husband's birthday tomorrow and every year we celebrate it to the fullest. As you are close to our Ayaan, I request you to come here with your family, that would mean a lot to me beta" "But how can I-"

"Please ma'am?" Ayaan looked at her with big doe eyes that melted her heart and she ruffled his hair gently "Okay" she said with a small smile which made Aradhya jump and hug Ayaan "Yay! We play tomorrow!" She said with excitement which made everyone laugh a little.

After they took a leave and went to their home, Ayaan explained how he knew Adhira. How she was his best friend after papa and how she gave him chocolates and kissed him on his forehead. There was no doubt he loves her so much and the girl is very pure heart and genuine too.

" Mujhe toh woh ladki acchi lagi aur tumhe?" Ishita said to sneha who nodded in approval " I have never seen Ayaan this attached to anyone before and it's not everyday that someone is actually clueless on who we are"

"And that's exactly why I invited her to come tomorrow" she smirked a little and sneha understood her plan even without an explanation.

✿⁠  ✿⁠ ⁠ ✿⁠ ⁠

So! U can expect a little meet up tomorrow and what is Ishita's little plan🤭
Also guys thank you so much for 100 reads! This is just the second chapter and I have so many plans for this book! I really appreciate your votes and comments. I'll try to update one more chapter today so do look out!

Thank you  "Apko humara Dil❤️"

- Ana