[Trouble in paradise] 2.3

"Suguru, let's head back tomorrow morning instead."

The pouting girl in the water suddenly gained an ecstatic sparkle in her eyes, a joyful smile spreading across her features as she shot up in excitement, almost falling back into the seawater due to the speed at which she got up.

Suguru frowned at this suggestion, having an inkling of why his friend had said such a thing. He spoke up in protest.

"But..."

He was swiftly interrupted.

"The weather's holding steady, right? Besides, there are fewer sorcerers in Okinawa than there are in Tokyo!"

"Satoru, let's keep things serious. We do have responsibilities back in Tokyo, remember?"

Geto said, while on the fence with the idea, he had learned to relish the small break from Garou. But that didn't mean he wanted to keep him waiting; he still wanted to show the boy how to properly use a cursed technique while he was young.

Gojo put his thumb and index finger on his chin, doing the thinking pose while looking up at the sky in mock thought.

"Nah, I bet the little brat is fine. He's probably taking a nap or whatever brats do at that age."

Garou was not taking a nap, as brats his age do. He and Utahime were in the forest, thick trees surrounding them like spectators in a gladiator ring. He was assuming a fighting position, a frown on his face as sweat dripped from his brow. He growled in frustration as he leapt towards the purple-haired female, jumping up and aiming a strike at her face.

The woman smirked, weaving out of the way of Garou's fist. Her eyes widen in slight surprise when the boy suddenly shoots to the floor, bending himself into a crouching position as he connects his shin with the back of Utahime's leg.

Prepared, Utahime coated her body in the fierce blue fire that was her cursed energy. Garou winced as his shin connected, growling in frustration as his attack resulted in no damage.

Utahime sent a fast kick to his head, which he barely managed to block with his forearm. Wincing as he was sent skidding away from the woman, the blue energy disappeared as she folded her arms and watched the boy take a breather.

"Garou, this marks the fourteenth time we've fought. You want to take a breather?"

Garou didn't reply, merely falling flat on his ass and taking big breaths of air.

Utahime smiled, approaching the downed boy and sitting on a tree stump they had allocated as the victor's throne.