Chapter 7 Heart or Brain

What a turn of tables! I returned back in India to keep my mind off from him but it is funny how I instead of avoiding him ended up getting stuck with him

What a turn of tables! I returned back in India to keep my mind off from him but it is funny how I instead of avoiding him ended up getting stuck with him. Life is really so unpredictable. I was extremely frustrated after meeting those three guys and just wanted to run away so I went back to my room to have some peace.

Tring tring! My phone rang and it was my father. I hurriedly picked up because I thought they were tensed as I had left the event without informing anyone.

"Hello Dad?" I asked.

"Yes Prisha, Where are you?" My father's voice came softer than ever.

"I'm sorry dad I forgot to inform you I was too exhausted so I just came in my room. Anything serious?" I asked genuinely.

"Oh no, nothing serious. Don't worry take some rest. I just called you to let you know that I and your Mom fixed your marriage." My father said casually as if it wasn't something serious.

"But dad" I tried to protest but I was cut off as he said he was busy and will talk later.

I suddenly felt disgusted and angry at my parents. How could they do this to me? This is why I left that day. They always try to force their decisions on me and I'm tired of being the good girl always. My emotions was taking troll over my body so I rushed inside the bathroom and locked myself inside.

I started the shower and sat down with a thud in the floor. Anger, fear, hurt, all emotions started engulfing me. My breathing became short and it was getting difficult for me to breathe. Taking out the inhaler from my pocket I inhaled trying to steady myself.

After few minutes of composing myself I heard the sound of Prisha and Paridhi so I masked my emotions and walked out wearing a white kurta. I wasn't going to let anyone see my vulnerable side. They looked nervous which was making me feel more scared.

I thought they would be surprised to know that my marriage had been fixed but instead of it they took me by surprise saying the one with whom my marriage was fixed was no other than Heyansh. After hearing that I made up my mind that whatever happens I won't marry him. I rushed to the hospital as soon as I got to know about Malini Aunty's sudden health fall. Reaching the hospital I saw him sitting in the end of the lobby. I tried looking into his eyes but it was blank, and I couldn't help but look away.

Malini aunty wanted to personally meet me and so did I go at once. She looked better but as I had expected she ended up convincing me and I had no other options rather than saying yes atleast not after knowing that she just had a mini cardiac arrest. She was extremely overjoyed after I agreed and it looked like that my one "yes" had made her completely fine which the twenty other medicines couldn't. I smiled half heartedly and went out to the back side of the hospital to grab some fresh air.

"Why did you agree?" A voice came out of nowhere which freaked me to the core. I jumped at my place and looked back only to find him standing their leaning at one of the trees with his hands folded.