03

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

The sun was beginning to sink in the sky, watercolour roses bleeding through the fog in the air. The streets were busy; people finishing work or study, streaming home, to restaurants, to bars, to beds. The roads were clogged with cars. It was a heavy winter evening in Seoul. 

Minho was invisible as he slipped through surges of other people. Swamped in a dark hoodie with the hood pulled up, a backpack balancing lightly off one arm, he headed towards a plain-looking building. 

The music in his headphones only just drowned out the other people talking as he walked into a large studio. Quick hip-hop, drums cascading into his body and prompting it to keep moving. A reminder he needed sometimes, when he just wanted to sit down and zone out. 

Two people, slightly younger than Minho, sidle past him and bow politely. He bows in return before glancing at his watch. 18:58; two minutes left. 

Minho pulls off his headphones, shrugs off his hoodie. He toys with his t-shirt, grey and slightly over-sized, and tightens the tie on black sweatpants. Preparing, he took a few swigs from the bottle of water tucked in the side of his backpack. A thin wire leading from a speaker connects to his phone. 

Minho takes his place at the front of the room, in the centre, facing away from a wall of mirrors. The other people in the room slowly begin to stand up and converge in front of him. Minho notes in his head; 20 people. A good showing. 

No- 21. The door swings shut and announces their presence. The figure walks quickly to the edge of the already formed group, quickly slinging a bag against the wall and falling neatly into place. Minho's eyes follow him.

Inconspicuous, head tilted down and hair just covered with a beanie. Baggy clothes, long sleeves, small frame. 

Minho returns his attention to the group. He bows quickly to the people in front of him.

"Hey, everyone. Erm... Welcome? Some of you might know me from assisting in the Isolation class that Taehyun leads, but from now I'm going to be leading on this class. It's an intro to a few different dance styles, and we'll be looking at a few different areas." His voice was controlled, strong. Authoritative but approachable.

He paused, glances round the room, nodding at a couple of familiar faces. His eyes skim past Jisung, who is staring at him with his face pulled down in confusion.

"We're gonna start with a basic warm-up. I'll play a couple of songs, give you about five minutes, then we'll get started."

Minho turns and taps his phone. A song with a steady tempo swelled in the room. Most of the people began to warm up in different ways, stretching and pulling their body into release. Jisung glanced around the room, struggling to keep up with the fact that Minho was his dance teacher. It took a moment for his body to catch up and he quickly did his usual warm-up. 

Minho did the same. His body flexed in ways that showcased firm muscle, a masterpiece of smooth and sharp lines. When he was satisfied, he pressed the pause button. The room fell silent.

"We're focusing on popping today. I'll start easy, so just follow me. Four beats on, four off. I'll be giving feedback, too, but it will have to be quick; try to take it on board."

Minho led the dance class well, and soon had everyone following his moves. Jisung followed with ease. He was sure in his dance abilities, but found himself surprised by Minho's flawless technique. He was fully in command of his body and it was fascinating to watch.