11

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

The bus stop was busy. Crowds of familiar and unfamiliar faces, surges of groups and pairs, all bundled up against the infamous Seoul winter. Backpacks, phones, college uniforms. The end of the college day.

Most passed the boy waiting just to one side of the bus stop without even noticing him. But as people started to notice, hushed whispers began to swell.

"Isn't that him?"

"Hey, there's Han Jisung. I heard that he..."

"...Seriously? Looks like Hyunjin's type."

"D'you think the rumour's true?"

Jisung kept his head down at first, fighting an urge to pull the hood of his jacket up and around his head. But then he pushed down the desire to hide and met the gaze of the students. He offered some a wink, others a smirk pulled through straight teeth.

He was trying to ignore the fact that his plan was probably futile. Changbin had refused to give him Hyunjin's number, inexplicably desperate to fight against Jisung's need to quell the rumours once and for all. Worried he would get himself into trouble.

Changbin had argued vehemently that he didn't believe the rumour. That he knew Jisung hadn't slept with Hyunjin. But there was something different in the way he looked at his younger roommate, something bordering on suspicion.

There was no guarantee Hyunjin would be here, no guarantee that if he was, he would come to the bus stop directly outside of the school. Jisung had never gotten the bus, his building in walking distance, but he had done his research and knew this bus passed near to where Hyunjin lived. He'd skipped his classes just to try and catch Hyunjin.

And then he caught him. The crowds had parted around him, and Hyunjin came strolling through, surrounded by a couple of friends from his year. Jisung recognised some of them from the corridors, some from the party, but didn't know any of them by name.

Even in his school uniform Hyunjin looked like a model, but Jisung's admiration of this was tinged with a newfound loathing.

When Hyunjin spotted Jisung, that same predatory smile warped the otherwise pretty face. He was almost sneering at Jisung as he approached.

"Waiting for me, lover boy?" Hyunjin jibed with a curl of his lips.

As he spoke, he had slung an arm around Jisung, and the other people passing the bus stop had let out a symphony of giggles and wolf-whistles. They turned into sniggers when Jisung pulled back abruptly and flung the taller boy's arm off him.

"What the fuck, Hyunjin?" Jisung's voice was venomous.

Hyunjin pouted. "What the fuck, hyung," he corrected.

Jisung rolled his eyes. "You started this stupid rumour, right? We didn't- Nothing happened. Nothing would ever happen, not with you."

"I'm offended, Sungie," countered Hyunjin sullenly. "Not with me?"

Jisung's face pulled down further in anger. A few of the other students who had been walking past had paused to listen to the conversation, wondering if it was about to become something more. Flirting? Fighting?

"Not with him," Jisung aimed his statement at the onlookers. "Whatever you've heard about me and this little rat, it's not true. I wouldn't touch him if he paid me."

Again, gasps and laughs. From the others, from Hyunjin, from Hyunjin's friends.

"Little rat?" Hyunjin was grinning. "Hmm, that's not what you were calling me after the party, baby."