Play Fight // ( Ben + Taylor )

Requested by: melsbakeryy

Ben's POV:

Me and Taylor were sitting on the couch downstairs in her basement. Tyler and Logan were upstairs making cookies, leaving us to watch a movie down here.

We had a blanket over the both of us, a bowl of popcorn rested in the middle and we were taking handfuls at a time to see who could eat the most in the shortest amount of time.

I grabbed the last bit of popcorn, shoving it into my mouth, chewing the delicious food with a cheeky smile on my face.

Taylor crossed her arms and frowned at me.

"That's no fair! I was still chewing!" She complained.

Taylor was always competitive, especially when it came to stuff like 'who can reach the top of the hill first?' 'who can run the fastest?' 'who can eat the most popcorn in the shortest amount of time?'

I shrugged, obviously trying to tick her off. If I'm being completely honest, it was really funny and cute whenever Taylor got mad about something as pointless as this.

Her frown deepened, and she reached over to my arm, pinching it. I clutched my arm dramatically, staring at her like she just stabbed me.

She gave me the same cheeky smile I had given her moments earlier and I narrowed my eyes, pinching her arm.

She gave me a "game-on" sort of look, getting on her knees, and began playfully punching my arm. I smiled, getting on my knees, I grabbed one of her hands and lightly flicked her in the forehead.

Taylor gasped dramatically, then made a finger gun with her free hand and pointed it at my chest. I gave her a "you wouldn't" look, making her smile mischievously.

"Pew!"

I placed a hand over the area on my chest where Taylor had "shot" me, staring at her like a had been betrayed.

"That's what you get for eating the last of the popcorn." She giggled.

I slowly began falling backward on the couch, dragging Taylor with me. She smiled, landing next to me.

We laid there for a minute, staring at each other, the only sound was the sound of the movie playing in the background.

'She looks so beautiful.' I thought.

She smiled at me, then looked at my lips, and it felt like the whole world has stopped as we slowly began leaning in toward one another.

Our lips were inches from touching when the basement door suddenly opened.

Taylor practically flew across the couch, and I quickly sat up and looked at who had just walked in.

"Guys the cookies are done."

Logan and Tyler stood in the doorway, Logan was holding a tray of chocolate chip cookies and Tyler was holding sodas.

I sighed a little in disappointment, then looked over at Taylor. Her face was as red as a tomato and she quickly stood up, walking over to Tyler to help him with the sodas.

"I-uhm..thanks!" She smiled at them and walked over to the coffee table and began setting the sodas down, avoiding my eye contact.

I smiled and felt my cheeks warm up.

'Cute..'

•••

Word count: 543
I hoped you liked this! sorry this took me so long to make, I was busy with friends lol😭

xoxo
-author