chapter 22:

My Pov

Entering the living room, I found my queen Seekveira, along with the members of my peerage – Rem and Ram, Elizabeth, Miko, and Makima – waiting with a mix of concern and anticipation. The air seemed charged with unspoken questions as I took a moment to gather my thoughts before addressing them.

Me:Thank you all for waiting

I began, seeking to provide a comprehensive understanding of the recent events. Seekveira's piercing gaze met mine, and I could sense the collective curiosity in the room.

Me:I went to Lux's hideout to confront him

I explained, choosing my words carefully.

Me:The confrontation was inevitable, considering the threat he posed. I needed to put an end to it.

Rem and Ram exchanged glances, their loyalty evident in the tension of their expressions. Elizabeth, who had been quietly observing, leaned forward, her eyes conveying a mix of concern and curiosity.

Me:Things escalated, and Lux revealed the extent of his malevolence

I continued, recounting the grim details.

Me:His experiments, the monsters he created – it was a horror I couldn't allow to persist.

Miko,  listened attentively, her features betraying a mix of fascination and somber understanding. Makima, usually reserved, bore a rare expression of anticipation as she absorbed the unfolding narrative.

Me:And then, the confrontation reached its climax

I stated, my tone carrying the weight of the decisive moment.

Me: alongside makima I engaged Lux, and after a fierce battle, I succeeded in defeating him.

The room fell into a contemplative silence as the gravity of my words settled in. Seekveira's unwavering gaze sought further details, and I obliged.

Me:Lux won't harm anyone again. His reign of terror is over

I assured them, seeking to alleviate any lingering concerns.

Me:His peerage, twisted by his experiments, also met their end. Makima played a crucial role in neutralizing the threats they posed.

Makima, acknowledging the mention, nodded subtly, her eyes reflecting a sense of fulfillment in her contribution to the resolution.

Me:But victory came at a cost

I admitted, acknowledging the toll of the confrontation.

Me:Lux's atrocities left scars, not only on the world but also on those he victimized. We rescued a survivor, an elf named Rezurre, who had endured unspeakable torment.

Seekveira's expression softened with empathy, and the others shared nods of understanding. The gravity of Lux's deeds resonated in the room.

Me:We've done our best to provide her with care and support

I continued, steering the conversation towards a collective commitment.

Me:Rezurre is in my lab, beginning the process of healing. We'll stand by her side throughout this journey.

The room, once filled with anticipation, now held a shared sense of determination. Each member of the peerage and my queen understood the challenges that lay ahead, but the bonds of camaraderie and support would serve as the foundation for facing those challenges together.

Meanwhile

Zekram, patriarch of the bael Clan, faced Lord Tatio, the leader of the clan, with a resolute expression. The revelation of Lux Naberius's monstrous experiments had cast a shadow over their lineage, and Zekram sought answers.