8. Overture - 4

Vaggie paces around the room after having summoned us, with Husk glaring daggers at Angel as the spider looks at him with a seductive gaze. Alastor sits off to the side on an armchair, with me perching over it - though keeping my hands away from the Overlord, knowing he hates being touched.

It's kinda awkward to be the only one standing other than Vaggie, but the other option was to sit in between Husk and Angel and, you know - looking at them again, the spider winks flirtily - that just ain't happening right now.

"Okay, so, Charlie is dealing with something very important, so while she's gone, we are making a new commercial. One that represents her vision and what we're doing here. So, we need a camera. Alastor?" The Overlord materialises a folding-type old camera on the girl's waiting hand, leaving her dumbfounded.
"A video camera?"

"Hmm." A new camera shows up on Vaggie's hand as she raises her arm excitedly.

"Alright! Let's do this!"

***

"And...Action!"

"Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel. Can I help with anything?" I frown confused as I watch Husk hide his face with the script, looking at Vaggie's already exasperated face from beside her.

"I've been a bad boy, and I need a big, strong daddy to put me in my place... on the path to redemption!" My frown deepens in confusion.

"Well, you come-"

"Oh, yes~!" My eyebrows raise in surprise at the moan.

"-to the right place."

"Now I don't think that's how shoots work, Vaggie." I whisper.

"Cut! Okay, Angel, I need you to be less horny if possible, and Husk, can you maybe not have the script in front of your face?"

"I ain't no actor! I can't memorize this shit!" The cat says, angrily moving his script around.

"Well, we could improv this shit, baby cakes. Rrawwr." Angel purrs, but Husk just shoves him out of the counter, picking up a bottle instead.

"Whoops."

"Husk, come on! Ughh- Rio, how about we try your part now?"

"Me? I... I have a part?" I say, looking around confused and watching Angel get up after being shoved from the corner of my eye.

"Of course you do! You're a part of this hotel now, so you need to be in the commercial."

"Well I don't think that's such a good idea, you see, I- well I just wasn't made for acting, you know? I'm just-" I stutter.

"What's got you so nervous, sweet cheeks?" Angel shows up by my side, running a hand through my shoulders slowly and seductively.
"If you're not good at acting I could... walk you through it?" He says, his face nearing mine with a soft smile and half lidded eyes. My eyes spare a small glance at his lips shortly before getting slightly away, looking at Vaggie instead.

"I'm just saying... I'm not nervous about the cameras, really! I'm just not used to videos, you see? Not really my thing. I kinda... dropped the whole being on camera thing, a while ago." I explain, feeling like a I owe the girl an explanation yet not going too far with it.
"Can't we just... Skip my part?"

"Rio, I get that you might be nervous, and I'm sorry, but you need to do this! We all need to have a small part on this whole thing if we want it to work out!" Vaggie explains, kinda softly upon noticing how I'm trying to make her understand.

"I know... just-" A gentle hand is replaced over my shoulders once again, though softly this time.

"Hey sugar? Really, how about I help ya with it? It could be fun!" Angel says, and I notice his smile and how it looks... different, gentle... real. And my gay ass just can't say no to that, right? Fucking simp. I look away with pinkish cheeks.

"Alright."

"Great! Let's get into character, cutie." A small peck on my cheek startles me slightly, disappearing as soon as I felt it. I let gloved hands lead me to a wall off to the side of the bar, as Vaggie follows us with the camera.

"How are you going to do this? I don't have a script for both of you." The girl asks confused.

"I'll improv it, no worries! You just film us."

"Alright." The moth girl shrugs.
"Action!"

"Isn't it great here! Since I came here-" Angel raises his eyebrows, though makes no further comment to his own sex joke.
"- to this hotel, I've felt like I could be better! Maybe we could get into Heaven, don't ya think?" He says and I smile, noticing how he toned down the sex jokes for my sake.

"Yeah, sure! It's been real nice! The princess was right, we really are so close to redemption!" Angel smiles proudly at me, keeping up his act.

"That's true! It was so worth coming-" A smirk.
"- here, as I can feel myself already close to flying up there with uh... God... and... angels? Shit it was going so well, I'm sorry." The spider apologises as he doesn't know how to keep up the improv, but I smile nonetheless.

"Cut! It's fine, we'll just cut the last bit. That was good, both of you! Now, where's Nifty when you need her..." Vaggie goes off, leaving us behind as I sigh, glad my part is over already.

"I'll go follow her, see how the whole shoot goes, pester around, you know?" Angel says, pointing towards the girl who's now trying to stop Nifty from stabbing more holes into the ground as she chases bugs.
"You did real good there, Rio. I don't get why you were nervous." I says with a comforting smile before leaving.