Chapter 27

Damn Idol Episode 27

Lee Hyunseok, who was looking at me closely, shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess you knew?"

"I knew that, but I thought it was better suited to survival."

"Of course."

What Lee Hyunseok wants to say to me is simple.

The way I sang <Under the Streetlight> was in a way that did not touch the original song at all.

In accordance with the rules of the pre-mission, the accompaniment remained the same and only the song sung over it was changed.

As a result, this song inevitably has a greater image of being 'amazing' than 'good'.

Regardless of whether the song is good or bad, it would be surprising that the result was completely changed without touching MR at all.

"Are you thinking about arranging it?"

"I think PD Kang won't like it."

Even if the song gets better, the topicality itself, which is directly connected to broadcasting, may decrease.

It is not good if the song heard on the program and the sound source do not match.

As I was saying this, I thought CEO Lee Hyun-seok would have some kind of alternative.

Even if the alternative was lame, I thought you might have an idea.

"Oh, really? Because the picture may be different from what the producer thought... ... ."

Surprisingly, this guy has no thoughts.

I wondered why he lived as an amateur with all the connections he had in the music industry and broadcasting, but he seemed to have poor business sense.

Well, I guessed since he said he would introduce the company from the first meeting.

Looking back now, it's hard to believe that the comment was made out of pure goodwill.

I could end the conversation here, but I found Lee Hyun-seok's story fascinating.

I didn't think much of it at first, but then I became curious.

What happens when I completely arrange a song?

Billboards don't matter.

Anyway, the Billboard Hot 100 ranking is calculated by adding up all versions.

The original version, unplugged version, UK version, etc. are all counted as one song.

But I know it's not in Korea.

Moreover, 'music broadcasting' is very important in Korea, which is not present in the United States.

After thinking for a moment, I opened my mouth.

"I'm a little curious too, but how about this method?"

"What?"

CEO Lee Hyun-seok, who was listening closely to the words that followed, opened his eyes wide.

"Is that okay?"

"I have to try."

Oh right.

I received a gifticon from Koo Tae-hwan this morning, and I have to reply.

*      *      *

Although he never told anyone, the reason PD Kang Seok-woo left MBN and moved to M Show was simple.