A Story You've Been Told (ASYBT)

Updated Note: 04/25/24

I've decided to pull out from ONC for three major reasons:

1. Not enough time to finish this before the final deadline.

2. It doesn't look like it's staying within 40k words.

and 3. I'm pushing it to be a short novel.

With all that said, I hope you enjoy reading still! More content will come forth due to this, which may just include a POV chapter for a certain devil... Heh.

-

Foreword:

Third year of ONC I'm joining. So here we are for the third time.

This novella will be my only entry for this year's Open Novella Contest (ONC). 

If you don't know what ONC is, it's the Open Novella Contest. There are a set of rules and guidelines, schedules, and prompts for all hoping to participate! Of course, what we strive to write here would be novellas, which are longer than short stories but shorter than novels. ONC is held every year during this time of the month.

Without further ado, let's get to the abundance of prompts I decided to squeeze together! Excited for this one! :D

-

88. Your father is forcing you to marry someone you have never met. The night before your wedding you tie your sheets together and make your escape through the window. Half way down you make eye contact with someone doing the exact same thing a few windows over.

24. A desperate wish, made from the heart, is always answered. Sooner or later.

85. "If you do that again, I'll throw you out that freaking window. What are you doing?"
"Checking how high the drop is to see if it's worth it."

29. "An eye for an eye, a kiss for a kiss."

80. "Meet me next life."

89. Heaven and hell do exist after death. You choose hell, and when you arrive you hear Satan say, "Finally someone! A friend!"

14. "My Love, believe me, waiting for you has always been a form of freedom." - Alexandra Vasiliu.

95. "I will become as monstrous as I must."

-

Well, whoa, that's a lot! I'm pretty sure there were like four or five more that I decided to nuke out. But two of those yeeted prompts might be recognizable in the story, as I'll still be using them as inspiration for some threads and themes.

The main one would be number 88. The rest follows suit in the story in the same order as they are above. Some of them seem contradictory, but I assure you, this will go in the way you won't expect at first! Just like with my previous ONC stories. :))))

So, this one will be a Paranormal Romance, one with a Rom-Com little feel to it. This will be my first enemies to lovers, MxM (male x male) story, and my first present tense in the first point of view. Well, I definitely have some similar ones in my offline catalog, but that doesn't count.

With the rest that I've mentioned above, I'll have to let you know that several themes of this book may be sensitive or triggering to some readers. That is to say, I'm hoping you will enjoy reading as much as I know I will enjoy writing them! :)

-

Before I finish this, one final reminder for everyone here reading is that this book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's (me) imagination and are used fictitiously. Many (but not all) resemblances to actual events, places, and persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Copyright © by S. G. Aris (starisredy)

All rights reserved.

(Only on Wattpad)

-

One final note:

This book's graphics were designed by yours truly.

-

"To attain freedom is to defeat fear; to fear one's fate is to deny yourself; and to deny that is true is to forget attaining freedom."

- A Story You've Been Told