First day - Part 2

"That wasn't a very nice dinosaur."

By the gate entrance, Liam and Jim walks beside Chang.

"So, basically, Calysonias is real finicky. So you gotta keep the nitrogen level just so, otherwise the roots get hydroxic."

"Hydronix?" Jim asks, not feeling confident. Glancing at Liam if he understands, who just shrugs, not sure either.

"Right. So, what you need to do is you need to stick this into the root of the plant, and then you need to record it on here."

"Okay." Jim mumbles looking at the device.

Liam was just glancing around when someone got his attention.

"Are you listening?" Chang asks Liam. Jim then turns to Liam and finds him staring at you again, at first he was about to smirk but then he saw the frown on Liam. He looks back at you and see that you're walking beside someone who was holding your upper arm and whispering a bit to you.

Your expression was calm, but you looked tense, your gaze downward as you walked beside him. The man seeming to hold something under his jacket.

"Now, like I was saying, once you get it in there, into the plant and then you record it here."

Liam had started to move toward you on instinct, something felt off.

"Yeah. You know, we're gonna be right back." Jim says and starts to follow after his son, also noticing that something wasn't right. "And then we're gonna do more stuff with the thing." He says as he leaves Chang.

"Right." Chang says as he watched the two leave.

Jim catches up with Liam and they follow you.

"What are you planning to do?" You whisper to the man through gritted teeth, still looking down.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about that, I just need you to get me close."

"To what?"

"Shut up! Make a sound and I'll shoot you." He snaps in a whisper, tightening his grip on your arm.

To others it didn't look too suspicious but the two former cops shared an uneasy glance and quicken their speed to catch up, but still trying to not look suspicious them either.

...

"Hope Plaza says they wanna put through more than 100 people next time." Taylor says coming down the stairs with Guzman.

"That's a lot of housing units and not a lot of time." Guzman says.

You were looking down the whole time and didn't hear Taylor from the distance, so you still didn't know that he planned to target him.

The guy shifts his hold on you and that makes Liam and Jim get a view of the weapon. They split up and immediately start running.

"Suspend work on the southeast, we'll focus on the western quadrant." You then hear Taylor and your eyes widen as you realise.

"Taylor!" You scream to warn him but earn an elbow to the face.

Taylor whipped his head to you just in time to see it. Also seeing the man running up towards him with Jim and Liam coming from both sides.

"Get down!" Jim shouts, being closes he tackles the guy in time to jerk the weapon away and miss Taylor.

Seeing as his father had it under control, Liam stops running when he reaches where you had fell to the ground. He bends down and helps you sit up.