Leah Marcos - Part 1

"Last time a saw you, you were just, not that big. Just a peanut."

(Scene with the girl in the jungle.)

You walk into the clinic and see a nurse with the little girl.

"This won't hurt a bit." The nurse say and the kid looks scared.

She kick the nurse away and make a run for it. Wash tries to stop her but her and others runs around trying to stop her.

"Hey, stop! Let her be. Back off!" You shout at them and they back off, the girl hiding under a table in a corner.

"Wash? Y/n? Where is she?" Taylor says coming in with Jim, Liam and Elisabeth.

Wash just sigh and gesture to you on the way to the girl under the table.

"She's right over there, but Doc says back off so I back off." Wash says, you roll your eyes at her comment with a small smile.

"Hi." You lean down and smile friendly to her. She glances at you and you turn to see Taylor trying to walk over.

You stand up again, slowly to not startle her. You stop Taylor with a hand to his chest trying to push him back slightly but he stays firmly, you sigh in frustration.

"She's terrified. I need everybody out of here." You tell him, giving him a stern look then glancing at the others. "Just clear some space for us, alright? That includes you." You say to Taylor.

He sighs looking down at you.

"Fine, but I wanna talk to her." He says and you nod.

"Okay, just give me a few minutes alone with her." You tell him.

He nods and they walk away. Liam glances at you and you give him a smile, which he returns. You lean back down to the girl.

"Hello, little one. No one's going to hurt you. I'm Dr Tate, but you can call me Y/n." You tell her. "Do you know where you are?"

"Under a table." She says and you laugh.

"That's right." You tell her. "I'm sorry about my colleagues. They didn't mean to scare you."

"They want to give me a shot. I don't like shots." She says and you nod.

"I don't like shots either." You admit to her.

"But you're a doctor." She says and you chuckle.

"Doesn't mean I like getting poked at myself. And I don't enjoy poking and prodding on people that don't like it either." You tell her and she look a bit more relaxed. "Do you have a name?" You ask.

"If I tell you, can I go?" She asks.

"Perhaps, once I've taken a look at you. Why don't you come out here and talk to me?"

"No."

"Okay. What if I promised no shots, just this?" You say holding up a small finder scanner device. "It's just a light. It won't hurt you. Look." You show her. "Would you come out then?" You ask and she nods.

"Okay." You say and watch her come out.

She sits with crossed legs and you copy her position in front of her. Carefully pulling some hair away you scan her eye with the finger scanner.

"I lost my bag." She says.

"In the jungle?" You ask.

"They were chasing me and I dropped it. I don't like chases."

"Well, that's okay. We can get somebody to go and look for your bag." You tell her.

She looks at the light from your scanner in fascination and you smile softly at her.