Prologue: Toshiro Koichi's Monologue

Hi there. My name is Toshiro Koichi.

What do you think about reincarnation? It is a theme that recurs through many genres of books, from religion to, yes, light novels. Reincarnation is especially present in the 'isekai' light novels, where the main protagonist of the book dies in an accident in the real world and reincarnates into another world, normally fantasy ones. Through the advent of light novels being animated into popular anime, an example being 'Sword Art Online', isekai light novels have risen in popularity. These days, isekai genres are hated due to the oversaturation of them being animated every season.

Even so, I am in the minority of people who do not dislike these animes. Reincarnation is a theme that I feel comforted by in a way. I live in central Tokyo, where the best students in the entire country live and compete. This competition is especially tough; unlike many western countries where their success isn't fully dependent on their higher education, Japan is a harsh country where, to even succeed a little in life, you need to go to a prestigious university, whether it be the University of Tokyo or the Osaka University. To keep up with the very best in the country, I need to study day and night. My grades need to be perfect. But grades don't determine everything. Sporting competitions, math and science olympiads, writing and poetry awards... all of these are required to be admitted to a top university.

The pressure is tough. While many students laugh and play around at school, those who are at the top have to study in order to keep their positions. Having friends, going to karaoke, eating at the ramen shop; these are all things I want to do and have.

Classroom of the Elite was a series that I found in the light novel section of 7Eleven. In the spare time that I had, I started reading this series. I became a massive fan after first few volumes. In a way, Ayanokoji kind of felt similar to me. We both started training hard from when we were just kids, we weren't treated the best by our parents, and in the end, we stood at the top beyond any other students. Sure, my physical, mental, and academical strengths would never match up to him. But our situations... seemed so similar.

Often times, I got thoughts on what I would do if I was reincarnated into the Classroom of the Elite universe. Which class would I be in? Could I survive the competition? How much would I participate in the battle between these geniuses?

Tonight was no different. As I put my novel down next to my bed, I fell asleep, knowing that tomorrow would be the same and my fantasy would never come true.

Author's Notes:

Hi guys! This is my first fanfiction ever on this app. I'm not sure if this fanfic is going to go well but I'll try my best!